Melissa's "secret" 9.94 @ 138.17 combo

Noticed you guys are using blue washer fluid:confused: Think the car would go faster with pink washer fluid considering this is Melissa's GN;) :biggrin:

lol

smile22.gif

laugh.gif

40#S OF BOOST, 32* OF TIMING , O2'S 460 ..HEY LEAN IS MEAN :p SO GO GIVE THAT A WHIRL... HAPPY NOW :confused: [/SIZE]

Grumpy after 5000 post have you not figured out how to multiquote? :p

mellisa is a true inspiration to me and I love hearing how great your combo is. I have a simaler combo but I'll be lucky to bust it into the 11s. Thats just the luck i have:mad: lol

Grumpy runs so fast because he has indexed & cut spark plugs.;)
He also has the brakes set up for "no drag" when the brake pedal is released.;)
The wheel alignment is also set with the front of the car up in the air like its going down the track. Toe-in with the nose of the car up is just dragging the tires down the track.;)
The headers have been drilled out on the bottom side so they can be ported where they are welded to the "log" and then re-welded back up with a plug.;)
The front wheel bearings have been loosened to eliminate drag.;)
The rear end carrier and pinion bearings been loosened so they don't have any "drag" on them also.;)
EVERYTHING that flows air has been ported and gasket matched PERFECT for maximum airflow.;)

Thanks for the answers. :)

Now I don't have to cut and weld on my old V4. :cool:

Got an extra scoop laying around for one? :eek:

Tire ate mine on I-91 North. :mad:

Grumpy,Melissa, Russ: That is a nice GN. You guys definately know what you're doing!

Using the horsepower calculator I come up with a tad over 700 HP:eek:

gave ya the whols set up in the car... IF ya can't tune it stick with a stocker car :rolleyes: NO TUNING JUNK IS GOIN TO BE TOLD !!!!! 40#S OF BOOST, 32* OF TIMING , O2'S 460 ..HEY LEAN IS MEAN :p SO GO GIVE THAT A WHIRL... HAPPY NOW :confused:

I tried 40#'s of boost but I could only change the timing to 29* I kept my 02's at 710 with c116 and alky.......... Car took of like a bat out of hell till the top of first gear then I heard a CLANKING SOUND. Now I don't have any oil pressure and the engine won't spin over... I can't figure out what's wrong... Do you think my head gaskets are blown up?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I tried 40#'s of boost but I could only change the timing to 29* I kept my 02's at 710 with c116 and alky.......... Car took of like a bat out of hell till the top of first gear then I heard a CLANKING SOUND. Now I don't have any oil pressure and the engine won't spin over... I can't figure out what's wrong... Do you think my head gaskets are blown up?
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

sounds like its time to go to autozone and get one of them high performance crate motors :)

Nice, the sleeper hits the mark. The foot braked 60ft is incredible. :eek:

So, do you plan on staying with the sleeper theme or are you thinking of adding on some none stock looking parts?? TB, FMIC, Headers etc??

Some of you look desperate asking for specific tune info. :p What fun is it to try to duplicate exactly what someone else has done to their car? Run 9s your own way. ;)

Some of you look desperate asking for specific tune info. :p What fun is it to try to duplicate exactly what someone else has done to their car? Run 9s your own way. ;)

tell them the tune. they will probley try it on their car blow it up then blame you that they didnt run 9's and they blew the motor ;)

So from what I understand, all I need to do is get red top battery and some pink washer fluid and I will run 9s! Man I have been doing this all wrong!

Congrats!

I saw Dan and the GN at NED last night. To all the have never seen the car I can tell you it's a real driver and just a handfull of gauges. Only giveaway is the huge tires, they do fill the wheel wells. You guys are never going to get a straight answer on what his tune is and it really doesn't matter because it would probably only work on for them. Hey Russ, I'm saving for that trans..:D

hey !!! I can do "multiple quotes":biggrin:

So, do you plan on staying with the sleeper theme or are you thinking of adding on some none stock looking parts?? TB, FMIC, Headers etc??

we are making a few changes for Reynolds .. starting with the cage :eek:

I saw Dan and the GN at NED last night. To all the have never seen the car I can tell you it's a real driver and just a handfull of gauges. Only giveaway is the huge tires, they do fill the wheel wells. You guys are never going to get a straight answer on what his tune is and it really doesn't matter because it would probably only work on for them. Hey Russ, I'm saving for that trans..:D

we only had those tires on for when we were weighing the car .. Normally we run the 275/60/15s .. then it "blends" in :cool:

forgot another "item" ... air cleaner is in the engine compartment :eek: we know you need a ram air in there :rolleyes: :p

Sorry for the young Questions
WHY NOT run the car with straight 11 or 12 inch slicks besides the “Street trim bragging stuff”?
And if you have run it with slicks
What has been the deference in numbers?