MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

I now have this turbo with a rebuilt 109 stroker short block with GN1 heads. Hopefully I will be the guy who pushes it to its limits. It's going to take time. I might not get in the 9s, due to the weight of my car, 3800lbs w/ driver. I'll push it to the low 10s, I'm sure.

Last edited:
I would be curious to see what it would do with the E85 as it is now. Going to a T4 would require more work..........down pipe, header mods or adapter. I think it would be neat to see how fast it would go as it is now with the addition of E85, more timing and adjusting the boost accordingly. Again, just my opinion since more people would be interested to see it with the 3 bolt turbo as that is what a majority of Buick guys run. Your thoughts?

the point is not everyone has access to E85 but they do 93 pump gas or 91. he cud run any gas he wants and set it up anyway he wants but the point is its pump gas 93 and goin 9's and his combo is somthn just about anyone can have. that is the point of this thread. and it wud not be a big deal to convert to a 4 bolt either but again 3 bolt is class legal.

I would be curious to see what it would do with the E85 as it is now. Going to a T4 would require more work..........down pipe, header mods or adapter. I think it would be neat to see how fast it would go as it is now with the addition of E85, more timing and adjusting the boost accordingly. Again, just my opinion since more people would be interested to see it with the 3 bolt turbo as that is what a majority of Buick guys run. Your thoughts?

There's no adjusting the boost. You should be running as much as possible to make more power and keep the engine speed where the turbo isn't totally out of breath. Timing is determined by the burn rate of the fuel. More isn't better. It's possible you might need less timing with e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car will not go into the 9's with this turbo but I do want to hit 128-130 mph with it. It needed four more mph, it went 124.6 mph a few years ago on the engine with problems.

My car will not go into the 9's with this turbo but I do want to hit 128-130 mph with it. It needed four more mph, it went 124.6 mph a few years ago on the engine with problems.
What is the weight of your car with you in it? I've lost about 45lbs so I should be coming in around 3750, hopefully a little lighter. How much boost?

5 Years later still one of the best street turbos, with the right combo.. in the top 5 i bet.

5 Years later still one of the best street turbos, with the right combo.. in the top 5 i bet.
I'm getting ready to upgrade my fueling system with a new alky pump with this turbo. Hopefully I'll be able to run into the 10's with this turbo. I was talking to an experienced GN tuning guy, 25 years experience, and he said that the most he's been able to turn up the boost with turbo is to 21psi. He said starting with 26psi, no matter with fueling or alky, he was seeing knock. I have a double pumper, 80# injectors and if needed a dual nozzle alky kit, I hope I can get away with more 21psi.

Last edited:
he said that the most he's been able to turn up the boost with turbo is to 21psi.
not from what i have seen.in this thread brian ran all of it.i have been tuning and racing these cars a long time and havent meet a turbo i couldnt tune past 21psi nor would i even run such low boost.the build in your sig should go 10s easily even with a soft 60ft.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my fueling system with a new alky pump with this turbo. Hopefully I'll be able to run into the 10's with this turbo. I was talking to an experienced GN tuning guy, 25 years experience, and he said that the most he's been able to turn up the boost with turbo is to 21psi. He said starting with 26psi, no matter with fueling or alky, he was seeing knock. I have a double pumper, 80# injectors and if needed a dual nozzle alky kit, I hope I can get away with more 21psi.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I used to listen to tuners who had limitations based on stuff they blew stuff.

Than I enrolled at Bison Tuning University and my philosophy changed.

If your tuner says 21 PSI regardless of fuel . . . Reevaluate what you believe to be true.

I’d be curious as to what Bison would have to say about knock and only going up to 21 psi on E85??

You should easily be in the 10s with that combo in your sig, you may even be under turbo'ed with a stroker and that cam , you can probably move up to a 67mm
but its all in the tune like the others said, 21psi is not going to do it its considered low boost on our cars, whom ever is getting knock on that has bigger problems especially with e85

I’d be curious as to what Bison would have to say about knock and only going up to 21 psi on E85??

Manifold pressure isn’t the limiting factor with detonation. You saw a car at the last Dyno session in Houston at 23psi on 93 with no alky. No detonation whatsoever. Peoples comfort zones are rattled by manifold pressure. Manifold pressure has a lot less to do with detonation than they think it does.

Manifold pressure isn’t the limiting factor with detonation. You saw a car at the last Dyno session in Houston at 23psi on 93 with no alky. No detonation whatsoever. Peoples comfort zones are rattled by manifold pressure. Manifold pressure has a lot less to do with detonation than they think it does.

What would you say are the biggest contributors?

Took years for me to accept and be comfortable with manifold pressure but seeing is believing. My personal comfort level was largely predicated by my own experiences, and some of what I had previously listened to.

Of course, all this *only happens in the hands of an AWESOME tuner*

Thanks for all the real world knowledge sharing!

Well, not to be a smarty pants, at all! However, I recall having a discussion with Jerryl, wherein we (well me more so than Jerryl) were utterly amazed at the number of cars we saw you Dyno Tune that day, with “NO” Detonation! And while Jerryl may have readily expected it, however, that absolutely amazed my ass!

I’m not even going to try to hide it, as that whole day was one eye opening experience, after another. Heck, I learned more that day, than I did my first three years of lurking this site (before I joined)!

I personally cannot wait for the Houston Dyno Days to come back around this year, as I really want my car up there. That way, I know it’s right.