Mini-starter recommendations please...

I read the information on this starter it is a gear reduction starter.as well amazing price.just spoke with them very nice people.

Thanks Rich. You know I often forget how tricky it is even after the many times I've removed this OEM starter. I must say that this mini-starter replacement was a pleasant and enjoyable experiance. I love the sound when I cranked her up. Totally differant then that boat anchor starter. The car sounded like a well done restoration job...sweet. LOL! It was funny when I went to put away the broken starter in my spares box I found that I already had a new starter, (a heavy OEM style). :D

View attachment 180281View attachment 180282 View attachment 180283View attachment 180284View attachment 180285View attachment 180286

does anyone know what year and model the mini starter is, if i wanted to go to autozone and just pick one up?

I was weary of the el cheapos and I drive my car a lot so I went for the auto zone lt4 vette lifetime warranty starter. Used a Buick starter as a core and when its was all done it was just under a hundred bucks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look in to an LT4 starter.
It's from a '96 Corvette Grand Sport.

Sounds seeeexy!
that's the one I just installed. Love it!!! And light weight!!

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

hello people; I'd like to here the unique sound of the jeep starter if that's possible. I still have the stock starter with my mini in the box.
IBBY

Go to dbelectrical.com pn SDR0059 Just put one in and it works great. You won't regret it!

Bought an LT4 from a '96 Corvette GS from Advanced Auto Parts online.

35% off coupon MISSUG41

Total was $82 after taxes and after I received Core Charge.
Guy at counter said as long as they get a starter back all is good.

;)

Bought an LT4 from a '96 Corvette GS from Advanced Auto Parts online.

35% off coupon MISSUG41

Total was $82 after taxes and after I received Core Charge.
Guy at counter said as long as they get a starter back all is good.

;)
I just installed one of these tonite, I creamed my khaki pants it sounds so good. Only issue I had was my fusable links where on the outside of the dipstick tube. They needed to go under, so after I fixed that they barely reached the starter but all is good.

Steve,

I had to soak my khakis in detergent to get the stain out after the first time we started mine, I love the sound of that thing. Only bad thing was that my batt terminals were way off from factory and the leads were too short. Wound up dropping coin on a new Napa Gold. It was about the only damn thing we didn't change on the car so why not? So, my inexpensive LT4 starter project wound up costing an extra $125...

Regards,
John