More site issues: long-running script causes pages to halt

Coelacanth

Today I'm experiencing a new issue with the forum. Clicking anywhere causes the site to pretty much stall out, "not responding", and appear to crash for several seconds. This happens in I.E. 11 and Google Chrome so it's not a browser issue. An error appears if you click anywhere in the page after it seems to lock up that there's a "long-running script" and you have a button to stop it. This seems to get the page to break out of the stall and finish loading, but every time you click an internal link or go back/forward, it happens again.

As always, I suspect it's a misbehaving ad script, usually the case when a site acts up.

EDIT: There is one thing new that I never noticed before, but not sure if it's related; before there was just a green dot that appeared beside someone's avatar pic to indicate they're online, but now that dot does an "expanding waves" animation. Totally unnecessary, IMHO.

Today, the problem seems to have gone away. Interestingly, the green dot wave-expanding animation I described yesterday has also gone away. :sneaky:

I'm working fine, have been for abut 2 weeks. I was reading that new browsers have built in versions of Shockwave that is compatible with website building software. They mentioned adobe flash being outdated and messing with new browsers that don't need it. Maybe that's part of the issue. Btw, I'm seeing the green dot with waves.

Chuck I read about ghostery,. Problem is they block ads then tell the ad companies how they block them so they can be less bockable in the future. Let's break some windows and then get paid to fix them kind of crap.