You can type here any text you want

Motor mounts?? 231 to olds 350 swap HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRBOLeSABRE

GMeister
I need to know what the story is with the motor mount interchange for these motors... Im removing a turbo 231 from a 79 lesabre and want to put in an olds 350. Ive heard that i cant use the fram pads. What would i need motor mount wise..?? I woulld appreciate someone who can shed some light on the matter.. thanks! BTW, i still have the 231 if anyone needs parts

Frame pads are different, and in different locations. Your best bet is to go to a boneyard and find a 307 powered car (which were plentiful in g and b bodies), and get what you need.

frame pads

Great. I will prob get those from you. I get paid on fri. ill drop you a line then. Thanks alot

nount points

will olds mounts bolt up to the holes that are in the cradle? Do i have to drill any new holes? Im asking because i dont think an olds motor ever came in these cars.. Curious because this transplant is uncharted territory for me. Im a buick guy.. Any insight would help immensly!

Olds engines did come in LeSabres. I've worked on quite a few over the years so the holes should be there.

Just so everybody knows, g body motoer mounts for a 307 would bolt up perfectly for a 350. i couldnt find them so i got a pair of frame pads for a 455 from a 71-76 cutlass and 2 of the holes line up. i drilled a third just to be safe. everything is working so far

I know this is an old post but would you happen to have the old buick frame pads laying around from the swap? I'm looking at swapping the Olds 307 out of my Lesabre for a Buick motor and could really use those v6 pads.

Back