You can type here any text you want

motor mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jsta6

John 15:17
Hello.

I need the GM OEM part number for the TTA engine mounts.

Specifically, I need the metal crossmember pedestals for the motor mounts for the TTA.

TIA!

Anybody upgrade to the H-R mounts want to sell their old OEM mounts?

I think that I still have my old factory mounts lying around the garage somewhere. If I can find them,you can have them(just pay for the shipping). As I remember they were in good shape, I'll look for them tomorrow and let you know.

James

jsta6, if you do not find the mounts, I have oem set. dont see a number on them anywhere. tta563

I also need a set. My driverside mount has a crack all the way through it. Any way not to spend 300 bucks for a set?

Hey jsta6, I found my old mounts and they are in good condition.
Shoot me an email with your zipcode and I'll calculate the shipping for you.

JCSTTA, the NAPA and Advanced Auto websites are showing that the Right motor mount is still available. NAPA part#BK 6021563($29.99) and Advanced Auto part#2627($32.99) HTH.

James

Right side is the pass though right? Where can I score a left side (drivers side) mount?

The mounts I have are not in that good of shape,starting to crack.The crossmember pedistals are fine. Found number on rubber part 17987705, both LH and RH. Probably no difference in rubber mount, just the bracket it bolts to. TTA 563

I just spoke with my connection at the local GM dealer and he told me the part numbers for the TTA's are:

Left: 12398532
Right: 22182970

TTA 653, You are correct. The part number on the ORIGINAL mounts is the one molded in the rubber. If you look CLOSELY at the metal portion of the mount (if they are original) you will see that they are not the same. The left side has some material "removed" from one of the surfaces to clear either the power steering pump hardware, or some thing else in that area (my car is in storage so I can not look at it to see what the interference is) There should be a WHITE DOT on the left side mount to distinguish it from the right side.So -- go buy a "set" of right side mounts, and make one look like the one you take off the left side and install them. Don't forget to put a "white dot" on the new left one ( just kidding).
I have the original prints for these, and I kid you not ---- That is the only difference. Best of luck - Turbota. :) :) :)

So you are saying that I can buy 2 right side mounts and modify one to work on the drivers side?

Just want to be 100% thats what your saying.

I'll give it a try :D

I always read that the the driver side mount had a different durometer rubber (or whatever it's called). I picked up 2 right hand side mounts from Napa a couple of weeks back and will use them when I do some work on my front end.

Turbota would it be possible to see the prints or get a copy of them or so to see what I should be looking for? Is there any specs on the prints for the rubber part of the mounts?

Best Regards
Jan

The "Original part number" on both mounts is the same 17986652. The only thing that changes the right from the left is the MINOR MODIFICATION I mentioned. That is where part number 12398532 comes in. The PAS Print I have clearly states that the they started with part number17986652, then removed 9mm. of material from the two lower tangs on the bottom (single bolt end) (Iwas wrong last night when I said "edge" so I got out the print and am looking at it now- sorry)
This is the material that forms the "anti-lift , or" trap" in case the mount should fail.NO-JOKE - THATS IT>>>> I was also wrong last night when I said there was a white paint "dot" on the left side, The print clearly says "STRIPE OF CONTRASTING COLOR" I don't know how I can make up fot those terrible mistakes, but I will try to be more accurate in the future. If there is anyone on this site that lives in the Metro-Detroit area that woulld like to verify this, I would be happy to review these prints with them.
I know there has been a concern for the availibility of replacement parts for OUR cars, and hopes this helps everyone. Thanx - Turbota (#70)

Turbota,

Thanks for the clearification, I appreciate you sharing this with all of us as this been a topic for years with out a straight forward answer. I'm glad you confirmed that there is no difference (except for what you mentioned) between the right and left mount. I feel more confident now to use the 2 right ones I picked up at Napa while in the US recently (actually I might pick up 2 more as spare next time I'm there). Again thanks for the detailed description. By the way where did you get hold of the PAS prints? Any other useful information in your possession in case I have some other questions? Cheers Jan

Jan: Sorry for not addressing your questions in the above reply. The "durometer" is the same as the right side, as they began life as the same part number.
If you have a spare mount handy just hold it up in front of you with the top two bolt holes in the mount up, and the single (lower) hole to the bottom. You will see two "tangs" of steel that extend DOWN PAST THE HORIZONTAL (fore - aft in car) detail on the mount base. All you need to do is remove 9mm of material from the bottom of BOTH of those vertical tangs, and you have a left side mount (assuming you started with a still available right side mount) Just to clarify this --- The Tangs are the lower end of the steel that the "through bolt"goes through that holds the engine mount to the pedistal on the frame that we have to remove to take out the engine. But I know no one EVER has to remove thier engines from these fine cars - so, I thought I might just mention that..P.S. Do you ever get to the Southeastern part of Michigan during your visits here? If so I would like to meet you and share the "stuff" that I have on our cars. Some of this will surprise you ...:cool:

I think that I still have my old factory mounts lying around the garage somewhere. If I can find them,you can have them(just pay for the shipping). As I remember they were in good shape, I'll look for them tomorrow and let you know.

I got the mounts!

You are the MAN!

:D

Picked up 2 Right side mount today from advanced, came out to 42 bucks after tax (they had them in stock). Gonna throw them on tomorrow when I put on my new mease aluminum IC shroud:D

I'll post how the outcome is.

Well I got the mount in and I didn't even have to modify it at all. Got 2 right mounts from Advanced and it had I had no problems at all getting everything to line up with it. The funny part is that my mounts are sagging so bad the after replacing the driverside mount the motor is actually leaning. Gonna have to get that pass mount tomorrow. Any advice on getting the threw bold out on that one? Here are some pics of the advance right mount next to the factory mount. BTW it was marked with a white L.
TTAMOUNT.jpg
TTAMOUNT1.jpg

Back