You can type here any text you want

motors back

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
acouple berfore and after pics
IMG_4082.jpg
IMG_3645.jpg
IMG_3646.jpg
IMG_4081.jpg

4 sure hopefully i will be in the 10s with this set up

Do you know what happened to cause #2 to melt?

Looks good, its always a lot of fun when a new motor is coming together. What front cover are using on this?

may want to rethink the rubber pan gasket. Cometic makes a nice composite one.

My engine builder used the rubber gasket when he put the short block together. As far as the melting of the # 2 hole I believe it was a loose wire on that injector . I'm sending the injectors out ASAP to get checked out

Do you know what happened to cause #2 to melt?

To have extreme heat at that level and that quick, pre-ignition was present.

It could be a result of a hot spot in the cc, or not enough octane, or both?

A hot spot, usually the spark plug ground electrode, can also quickly develop if the mixture is lean, or too much timing for the condition in the cc.

The spark plug in the pic looked "cooked"? :eek:

My "repetitive" statement, "alky does NOT increase octane, it allows more boost [to a limit] because it cools the charge going into the cylinder". :)

The other variable in this blend is pump gas, is it 91 or 93 octane, how long has it been in the storage tank and the car? Octane in pump gas goes away quickly after just 3 weeks from time of refining.

I cannot remember how many discussions I have had with customers, and prospective customers, about damaged engines like this with alky injection.

It works fine when used properly, but many times not. :(

Maybe I'm seeing things but the picture of the head looks strange. The valves on the burnt cyl have no concavities in them like #4. Were they that deformed by the lean condition or did pieces of the piston melt off into the valves? It also looks like #4 has something wedged under the exhaust valve. Wish the picture was more in focus and showed the other cylinder.

Maybe I'm seeing things but the picture of the head looks strange. The valves on the burnt cyl have no concavities in them like #4. Were they that deformed by the lean condition or did pieces of the piston melt off into the valves? It also looks like #4 has something wedged under the exhaust valve. Wish the picture was more in focus and showed the other cylinder.

Good eye...I didn't even notice that.

Damn that cylinder was lean for a while. I would have the injectors checked. Make sure and mark them (what cylinder) when you take them out.

The pump needs to be tested as well. Don't write it off to a loose wire. You don't want to ruin that nice new short block.

Back