move torbo to front mount add intercooler and move alternator?? some1 help

BUSTDBROKE84T

dont hate me non intercooled fellas but i want to do the front mount conv. (like GNs) where do i buy/how do i build it, i'd rather buy it because im running out of spare time

Convert to an '86/'87 motor

If you are into saving time... that is IMO the way to do it.

Buy a complete setup... Motor/Transmission and the correct exhaust pieces (buy these in advance or potentially have to wait for them!)

Don't forget the electrical harness. ;)

There are other options out there... but this is the only way you'll save time. Find an auto dismantler that has a search capability so you can find this combination nearby so you don't have to pay out shipping costs. ;)

yea that sounds like it would b a better idea, plus it would b nice to have the stock engine and components in case i want to sell it, im gonna have to look into that

You won't make $ on an '84 car

There is no money to be found if that is your goal.

The above statement will only piss off the purists who believe on day their car will be a $50k toy. You'd be better off putting your money in the Stock market and risking it there.

This is coming from a guy who has spent several times over what one of these cars is worth in dollars. If you are spending the money... you better have a love of the car itself, and not the future potential dollars (which probably will never be there).

yea im not really worried about getting money off the car, I just love the look of the car and how they sound and stand out in a crowd, just sounding like the shuttle lifting off is what im about, i didnt give much for it but its a good project, something to pass the time working on, everyone and their dad has a chevy, but the buicks arent a dime a dozen like the monte carlos

Welcome to the hobby!

You are going to end up broke like me! :eek:

It beats golf and spending it at the bar...

too late haha, colorado springs huh, i lived in denver for a year and went down to CS to check out pikes peak, place was wicked

I used to live in South Carolina!

Myrtle Beach AFB 1980 - 1982

:D

I kick myself for not buying property there... Those $15K lots that were selling downtown back then would be significant nest egg today.

Colorado Springs is a POLICE STATE now. It is no longer the quiet 3 horse town it was in late 1980's. We have our own DUI task force! We have a helocopter! A biker cop force! We have become recognized nationally as the leader in hidden ticket traps! :D

aw man its rediculous down here, people who bought downtown lots in my town paid a hundred grand back in the mid nineties and r selling em for nearly a mil now...