my 80 regal limited

frankenstein liked the cam grind an charlie was the one who pointed it out but you think i should go bigger?

none are really any lesser of two evils, all options to make NA power suck when it comes to the buick v6.

its either big complicated money to squeeze the power from the stocker, or save the big money for an assembled stage 2

I say for what you really want to do.......... stage 2..... or at the very very very least, a Stage 2 top end on your factory block.

what more to say, the block needs heads that can breathe for that kind of power in NA form, and stage 2 is the only way ive ever seen it done..... reliably.
BUT will edelbrock intake fit the stage 2 heads?

frankenstein liked the cam grind an charlie was the one who pointed it out but you think i should go bigger?

no the edelbrock will NOT fit the stage 2 heads

I liked it cause I know in that heavy car your going to need the bottom end torque, that body is just tooo fat and heavy. Though i agree you cant really over cam these engines. even with a manual, launches are going to be hard on the motor. gonna need to wind the piss out of it to get enough momentum to move the body on the drop. this is one case where i would run the stock HEAVY flywheel.

I dunno dude, im just really afraid your going to be super dissapointed in the motor when done.

I say for what you really want to do.......... stage 2..... or at the very very very least, a Stage 2 top end on your factory block.

what more to say, the block needs heads that can breathe for that kind of power in NA form, and stage 2 is the only way ive ever seen it done..... reliably.
I still say a pair of Series II heads with a custom made intake would work like a charm here. Same basic port configuration as a Stage II head and bigger ports than the stock heads, not to mention a smaller combustion chamber.;) It would kill and make plenty of power.

The only intake that first Stage II heads is Stage II intakes. The Edelbrock intake only fits stock heads.

no offence to you fuzzy but i think im gonna stick with the plan now that is series 1 heads flat top pistons thr 210/215 cam but i always apprechiate the advice

None taken. I don't want to discourage you in any way but I also want to be sure your expectations are not unreasonable. The worst feeling in the world is to spend a ton of money and not meet your goals. If you are looking for about 250ish HP and about a 3200 pound car then you are on the right track. Anything more than that and I am afraid you will be disappointed. Even at 250 you are making over 1HP per CI which is not easy; be proud. It will be a huge improvement over the 110ish stock HP. Just remember that if you cut corners (costs) it will show in the final product. The lesson I learned the hard (expensive) way was DO NOT build an engine around a set of pistons because you got a good deal on them. A set of custom pistons will cost about $700 in the states. A cheap set of replacements will cost about $250. The extra money is worth it in any performance build everytime. I ended up getting custom pistons anyway (after buying the cheap ones) and had to live with a few earlier decisions based on the "cheap" pistons. Oh well I guess. I will probably cost me about 20 or so HP. A bigger nitrous pill should cover the gap.

ok emagine this. fiberglass hood fenders trunk lid bumpers will be a fiberglass skin with aluminum core somewhat light weight front seats a tiny heater very little sound insulation manual windows so plenty of weight reductions all around the body and never said it was GOING to be 2400 i said it was gonna be closer to 2400 then 3400 aka it can be between 3000 and 2400 and thats a pretty wide spectrum :p

charlie tried to convince me into getting a buick 350 engine i did have a lead on one but well

A stock 350 Buick would have as much power as a modifed 231 V6 for less money. There is no substitute for cubic inches. The only problem with the 350 Buick is there are not a lot of aftermarket speed parts available, but a cam, headers, and an intake are available from TA Performance.

yeah raised compression a cam intake headers and a porting would result in a good 350 buick there are a couple olds 350 and a couple pontiac 400`s for sale but dont have that kinda money right off the bat

If you stick with the 231 V6, consider using forged pistons so you can add a 100 HP shot of nitrous in the future. That will wake up any engine for only $500.00. Having to refill the bottle is the downside.

Nitrous is great as long as you don't use the " if some is good, more is better" mentality like I have done in the past. It is addictive when you start using it. You keep wondering how much the engine can take and how much faster it could be. Then you find out and start over again after the damage is done. Give it a 100 shot and it will live, even with cast pistons if it is tuned well.

tiny update picked up valve cover from welding in those tubes for PCV filters seems these valve covers are kinda rare havent found many pics of them online

DSCN0046.jpg

well I dident weld em so cant take credit there

they really are rare? huh weeell to bad :p