my 80 regal limited

futten

well finaly brought the camera along to get some pics found the oringal options list under the back seat in decent condition but the best condition one my friend who i share she shop with has ever seen so this is gettin framed the driver seat was a PAAAIN to get out but with some brute force and wrenching in very uncomfortable pisitions it decided to let go the front bench will be replaced by to bucket seats back seat may or may not go back in all depending on of i can come up with a good rollbar mounting idea for a bolted rollbar sins welded frames rarely are approved some FIA cages are aproved BUT there are no FIA aproved cages for my regal

What got me is the 2.41 rear with a G80 posi.:eek: I've got a set of 3.42 gears I won't be using if you want them. You'll just need to get a ring spacer for your carrier to use them.:cool:

2.41 means better acceleration and lower top speed? and whats a G80 posi?? where can i get a spacer for the gears? and how much do you want for the gears?

well finaly brought the camera along to get some pics found the oringal options list under the back seat in decent condition but the best condition one my friend who i share she shop with has ever seen so this is gettin framed the driver seat was a PAAAIN to get out but with some brute force and wrenching in very uncomfortable pisitions it decided to let go the front bench will be replaced by to bucket seats back seat may or may not go back in all depending on of i can come up with a good rollbar mounting idea for a bolted rollbar sins welded frames rarely are approved some FIA cages are aproved BUT there are no FIA aproved cages for my regal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/futten/my%20car/th_100_3354.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

your were saying you want a roll bar. do you want something that looks like this? What i did was bought a cheap tubing bender and made one myself. its only for show, i don’t really think it would help in a crash because there is no other pipes that connect it to the frame. I only have the main hoop in the car. I can't remember if you told me which state you live in, or not so, I will ask again. what state do you live in?

Attachments

• SDC10216.jpg
    SDC10216.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 788
Isn't this kjetil's car in Norway? Your interior looks very good with the matching bar Matt. Good luck on your project futten. 2.41 is more economical, slower acceleration and less revs at speed.

2.41 means better acceleration and lower top speed? and whats a G80 posi?? where can i get a spacer for the gears? and how much do you want for the gears?

You pay for the shipping and they're yours. The spacer can be bought at Summit or Jegs. Not very expensive either.

The 2.41 gears are good for highway driving and will give you lower RPM's than the 3.42 gears, but the 3.42's will give you better off the line acceleration so you can get the hole shot.

your were saying you want a roll bar. do you want something that looks like this? What i did was bought a cheap tubing bender and made one myself. its only for show, i don’t really think it would help in a crash because there is no other pipes that connect it to the frame. I only have the main hoop in the car. I can't remember if you told me which state you live in, or not so, I will ask again. what state do you live in?

He's in Norway Matt.:biggrin:

Like the fake cage. Pretty nice work there.:cool:

well only a main hoop would be kinda useless id want a complete rollbar i have a idea of ising a bolted one i live in norway FAR FAR AWAY :) either ill try and find a cad file for a cnc bender if there are suck machines in norway her ya have some pics of my idea on the mountings where the main hoop connects to re rear going struts the pipe goes inside another the bolt is just there to keep things together but if the car the abbuse will be put on the welds not the bolt
burfester.jpg

feste.jpg

Cool stuff dude
it looks like you got lots of fun ahead of you.
Good luck.

oh positraction yeah it has a 25% diff so the car wont spin the tires exept on snow or if i do doughnuts kinda good cause it grips the snow better

Sweet Regal here ! I love the two tone colors :)

1980 models are rare here in europe. Here in France there is some 78 and 79 models.

tore the heads off took out two valves from one of em and took out the #1 piston the engine has been rebuildt at some time earlyer i found clevite 77 rod bearings and markings on the bottom of the rods i banged out the wrist pin on the #1 ust to put on my shelf for decoration :D rod bearings are .030 undersize but pistons are stock couldent get the timing cover off the damn bolts had rusted/oxidized stuck bolt heads broke off so im just gonna let the machine shop deal with that third pic to the right is a hole in the fasting on the front end of the engine is this something that i should be worried about if so can it be fixed??

Yeah! Three dot rods, That rough hole you see in the lifter valley is supposed to be there, no worries, helps with ventilation and oil drainage.

then why the comment about the 3 dots?

Just stating the obvious Sir. 3dots are good to 400hp, You posted that pic followed by one of a rod bearing with the cladding wiped out and then two other pics.

I like your blue Opel hatchback. I'd like to have me an Opel Kadett or Manta one of these days.

That's a funny looking piston crown in your photobucket.

ive been talking to charlief1 no the phone he mentioned maybe getting some 6.5 inch rods and some shorter custom pistons im running 10:1 comp and some 2 dot rods from frankstein ill be sure that they will handle it i might just be causious and paranoid

thats the stock pistons they have that little dimple aint you in america ? kinda hard to get the kadett`s and mantas there hehe ive worked on a handfull of mantas and my two kadetts kadetts are a riot to drive would be fun to put a buick v6 in one but im not sure theres room for one of them wide engines