My first 9 second run!

Yes, I only made 1 pass in the car before they booted me for not having a roll bar and other safety equipment. I’m sure I could get a better et with more seat time in the car.

Yes, I only made 1 pass in the car before they booted me for not having a roll bar and other safety equipment. I’m sure I could get a better et with more seat time in the car.
My older set up, I ran a best of 10.15@133 with a 1.42 sixty foot time, so fore sure there is a lot for you to go get. If you do a 1.42 like I did , you would run flat 10s if not a high nine. Depending on track conditions, my car always hooks the best if I launch at 4 to 5 lbs of Boost. Always in the low 1.4s. Every time I try to give more like 7 to 8 lbs , I fuck up my run. I am trying so hard to get the car to come out in the mid 1.3s but every time I try I blow the tires. If I figure out the miss and popping on my car , I will go back and try it again. I hope I could come out in the 1.3s, just need to find the sweet spot and of course the track needs to be well prepped.
If you go back to the track, try lower boost off the line, sometimes it helps.

Oh forgot to tell you my timing is at 17 degrees.
i looked at the log.that timing is on the lower side,it might not be happy there,something to consider.when i went 137mph on 18 degrees it did it, but ran cleaner and better with some more timing.i dont know how hot the motor is,or what spring setup you have(spring pressure) but i have seen alot of aluminum headed stroker motors and they all seem to get it done on a lower boost numbers, but still like a little more timing then 17 degrees to run cleaner depending on afr.

i looked at the log.that timing is on the lower side,it might not be happy there,something to consider.when i went 137mph on 18 degrees it did it, but ran cleaner and better with some more timing.i dont know how hot the motor is,or what spring setup you have(spring pressure) but i have seen alot of aluminum headed stroker motors and they all seem to get it done on a lower boost numbers, but still like a little more timing then 17 degrees to run cleaner depending on afr.
That picture of the log is a picture of a screen shot, at the point that I am backing off on the gas. I am not a pro at tuning the fast. I sent the tune and log to Cal Hartline to take a look at it and to see what he thinks and what needs to be done to get more power out of it. I run on E85 fuel and don’t have that much compression 8.5 to 1. He hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I would want to bring up the timing as well but with baby steps not to grenade anything. Last year he was tuning my car remotely on the dyno , but the clown of a dyno operator destroyed my transmission. It over heated and the oil came out of the dip stick. Plus the dyno was very badly calibrated. Car was bouncing up and down on it. We stopped tuning because the transmission was shot and left off at 23lbs of Boost and 17 degrees of timing. If he would have continued maybe, the tune would have been a little more aggressive. Don’t know.

Are they YouTube videos? Or are you trying to upload them to the server like you do with pictures?
I believe there is a size limitation on each video, but not sure since the upgrade was completed.
If it's loaded on your YouTube channel, just copy and paste the direct link from YouTube.
It will automagically load then.

-Patrick-
This is what it says every time I try to upload a video.
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Excellent work.
I concur about your voltage. I would be happy with 13.8 - 14v through out the run. Are you running a volt booster? Also, I would recommend either swapping out the coil pack and ignition module, or as a bare minimum, getting a C3I tester from Caspers and see if your coil pack and module are failing under load. The tester simulates RPM load, you can actually see if it's missing / cutting out. At this level of the game, maintaining strong spark throughout the run is critical. With E85, you have a lot of power left to play with, especially if your timing is at 17* and boost only at 30psi max. That combo and that turbo should easily make 35-36psi, depending on what turbine housing you're running. Once you get your voltage straightened out and the miss / cutting out squared away, I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing some 9.60's to 9.50's pop up. Especially with better track and cooler weather conditions.

On your next track outing, have someone video the car from the rear side / qtr view so you can see what the suspension is doing. Your sixties will come around once you start dialing in the suspension on a better track. You're off to a great start with an excellent combo. 26-27 mph out the back end, is pretty common with your state of tune. Keep at it and the car will surprise you with it's real potential.

-Patrick-

I am not a pro at tuning the fast. I sent the tune and log to Cal Hartline to take a look at it and to see what he thinks
cal knows what he doing,may have to go back and forth a little bit but get it running clean and it should pick up on that basis alone.

Excellent work.
I concur about your voltage. I would be happy with 13.8 - 14v through out the run. Are you running a volt booster? Also, I would recommend either swapping out the coil pack and ignition module, or as a bare minimum, getting a C3I tester from Caspers and see if your coil pack and module are failing under load. The tester simulates RPM load, you can actually see if it's missing / cutting out. At this level of the game, maintaining strong spark throughout the run is critical. With E85, you have a lot of power left to play with, especially if your timing is at 17* and boost only at 30psi max. That combo and that turbo should easily make 35-36psi, depending on what turbine housing you're running. Once you get your voltage straightened out and the miss / cutting out squared away, I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing some 9.60's to 9.50's pop up. Especially with better track and cooler weather conditions.

On your next track outing, have someone video the car from the rear side / qtr view so you can see what the suspension is doing. Your sixties will come around once you start dialing in the suspension on a better track. You're off to a great start with an excellent combo. 26-27 mph out the back end, is pretty common with your state of tune. Keep at it and the car will surprise you with it's real potential.

-Patrick-
No I am not running a volt booster, but I know I should invest in one. This C3I tester sounds very interesting and I think I will look into purchasing that as well.
Not really sure on the turbine housing. I just know that it is a CEA 68/70 dual ball bearing turbo with a billet wheel. I swapped the plugs the other night for the same ones from NGK but 2 degrees hotter. Haven’t gotten a chance to go out for a spin and try it out. If tonight doesn’t rain , I will take GN out for a test run with the new plugs gapped at .018 and hope that it pulls clean. I will keep you guys posted.
Patrick, thanks a lot for the positive feedback.

cal knows what he doing,may have to go back and forth a little bit but get it running clean and it should pick up on that basis alone.
I will send him another private message to see if he got a chance to look at the log. This will be my third attempt. I don’t want to nag him to death, but I think he is so busy he tends to always forget. If the popping and missing is gone tonight, I would like to go back to the track and try it again. Hopefully he gets back to me so we could make some changes in the tune before going back. Only have 2-3 weekends left and then the track closes for the winter.

will take GN out for a test run with the new plugs gapped at .018 and hope that it pulls clean. I will keep you guys posted.
some food for thought,if it runs clean go for it but dont rush going to the track if it doesnt.your most likely looking at a 9.5,9.6 pass with 2 more mph not worth hurting it inmo.most 68/69 mm turbos on stroker motors and 37/3800lbs can go mid 9s at 136/139mph around 30psi with a good hook.

some food for thought,if it runs clean go for it but dont rush going to the track if it doesnt.your most likely looking at a 9.5,9.6 pass with 2 more mph not worth hurting it inmo.most 68/69 mm turbos on stroker motors and 37/3800lbs can go mid 9s at 136/139mph around 30psi with a good hook.
Mr. Spool, if I could run a 9.5 or 9.6 at 139 I will be extremely happy. If it would run clean with a good 60ft, I know it can do it, but if I would have the time slip, it would be even better.

Went and do some testing tonight with the new plugs gapped at .018 and the car ran clean with no hesitation or popping. So back to the track we go!