My first 9 second run!

Congrats on the 9 second run !!! I just got mine a couple of months ago. Been a LONG road for me....

Bryan
Hi Bryan
Thanks
It is a great accomplishment hitting the nines finally, well at least for me it is.
Are you Bryan Lynch?

Yes that is me ... :)

Bryan
I just looked at your times in your signature and it matches with what you have told me. I am friends with you on Facebook ( Marco Silvestri). And we have written to each other. Well , I got the car figured out and it was my plugs that were fauled. They were to cold for a street car. Talking with Otto , he told me to run hotter plugs for a street car. So I got the same plugs from NGK but 2 degrees hotter. Went and test out the car the other night and no more hesitation or popping. Should be going back to the track next weekend to see what the GN is going to do.

I just looked at your times in your signature and it matches with what you have told me. I am friends with you on Facebook ( Marco Silvestri). And we have written to each other. Well , I got the car figured out and it was my plugs that were fauled. They were to cold for a street car. Talking with Otto , he told me to run hotter plugs for a street car. So I got the same plugs from NGK but 2 degrees hotter. Went and test out the car the other night and no more hesitation or popping. Should be going back to the track next weekend to see what the GN is going to do.
Nice that you got it figured out...
i just put a set of 275 Pros on my car , going to the track tonight and hopefully make a clean pass without the tailpipes hitting the HR bar and the springs. My 9.84 pass had a lot of knock for the first 4 seconds, shooting for a 9.7x tonight.

Bryan

Nice that you got it figured out...
i just put a set of 275 Pros on my car , going to the track tonight and hopefully make a clean pass without the tailpipes hitting the HR bar and the springs. My 9.84 pass had a lot of knock for the first 4 seconds, shooting for a 9.7x tonight.

Bryan
Good luck !
Keep me posted on how it goes for you.

Congratulations. I don't know if you felt anywhere near as happy as I was.

I waited 20 years for my first 9 second run. And when it finally happened, I wasn't even driving the car! But this was a good thing. Because if I was driving my overly joyous reaction would have caused me to crashed the car on the return road when I receive the time slip.

Well it went a little faster ...
9.809 @ 137.47 just touched 29 psi at the top of the track.

Bryan
That’s great Bryan. Even though you beat your personal best by a little, it is better then nothing at all. Were you still getting knocks at the beginning of your runs or was that solved?
Me and you would have a blast racing each other. We would be neck to neck. What is your method to launching the car?
Foot brake or trans brake?

That’s great Bryan. Even though you beat your personal best by a little, it is better then nothing at all. Were you still getting knocks at the beginning of your runs or was that solved?
Me and you would have a blast racing each other. We would be neck to neck. What is your method to launching the car?
Foot brake or trans brake?
Still getting knock on the hit for about 1 second. I went to the track hunting a 9.7x and almost got it so I'm happy with it. Still need to do some tweaking on the tune as it is pig rich up top, 9.2 AF ratio
Foot brake at 5 psi, 3000 rpms.
Our cars are very close to each other, would be great races

Bryan

Still getting knock on the hit for about 1 second. I went to the track hunting a 9.7x and almost got it so I'm happy with it. Still need to do some tweaking on the tune as it is pig rich up top, 9.2 AF ratio
Foot brake at 5 psi, 3000 rpms.
Our cars are very close to each other, would be great races

Bryan
Yes , 9.2 is pig rich. If you could lean it out would be great, for sure some HP on the table left there. What ecu do you run?

Patrick Broughton and Cal Hartline.
Cal tweaked the tune on the dyno at Brian lorenz's open house. 640 HP 856 TQ at 27.04 psi

The turbo is a Borg Warner 9174 EFR heads are Champion race ported aluminum's.

Bryan
Cal tuned my car remotely last year but I couldn’t finish my dyno session with him. Long story short, Cal is amazing but the moron operating the dyno had no f&$king clue what he was doing and fried the hell out of my transmission. We had stop the tuning at 21 to 23 lbs of boost but was no difference because the transmission was finished. Last number was a 592 hp to the wheels . I wish I could have continued so I would know how much HP I would be doing. I will assume something similar to yours. How much does your car weigh?

Cal tuned my car remotely last year but I couldn’t finish my dyno session with him. Long story short, Cal is amazing but the moron operating the dyno had no f&$king clue what he was doing and fried the hell out of my transmission. We had stop the tuning at 21 to 23 lbs of boost but was no difference because the transmission was finished. Last number was a 592 hp to the wheels . I wish I could have continued so I would know how much HP I would be doing. I will assume something similar to yours. How much does your car weigh?
Cal didn't get to finish turning mine either just wasn't enough time. He spent about 5 minutes on my tune and 1 Dyno run, I think there's a lot more in it.
My car is a little over 3,700 with a full tank.