My hybrid: Grand (Inter)National

Thank you for the kind words. I've surprised many a people at stoplights but honestly it's almost too unassuming. It's so unlikely that a lot of times on the street people don't bother to race me because they just can't imagine that it's worth the effort. By the time they usually figure it out were going separate directions.

My goal is to be mid to low 12's with alcohol. Just made a deal for an old laptop so a Powerlogger and wideband O2 will be on the short list of go fast goodies now.

awesome build, looks very factory in there, just like my rx-7 build looks factory, keep up the good work,are those valve covers crinkle finish powder coat? also where did you get the low profile oil fill cover?

awesome build, looks very factory in there, just like my rx-7 build looks factory, keep up the good work,are those valve covers crinkle finish powder coat? also where did you get the low profile oil fill cover?
Thank you very much! I'll check out your build. The finish on the valve covers is Harley Davidson texture black used for finish repairs on motorcycle cases. The finish on the intake and Plenum is aluminum cast blast by Harley Davidson also used for finish repairs on motorcycle cases. They are high temp, come in a spray can, and have a wonderful application.

The oil filler cap is merely an OEM oil filler cap that I ordered off of Amazon.com. I had to reuse the old rubber seal that goes underneath it because the new rubber seal would not seat properly on the valve cover.

very cool. love it. Always toyed with the idea to do a sleeper stealth swap. Had a 63 200D benz that almost got a455 transplant but I couldn't brig myself to do the hack attack on it. If I still had the benz Id do it now. Still Got the powerplant but still looking for the right donor.

I work at International. There are several Scouts in the museum here. Just sent your pics around to a few co-workers.

I wasn't sure what to expect looking at the title. That's a very cool build that looks well executed. Of course, the gigs up when you start rolling around on drag radials. :confused:

That is really cool. Where is the museum? I would love to see it if I were ever on the area.
It's not much of a museum. Just an assortment of the old trucks parked here in a nice clean area of the engine plant. There are maybe 2-3 scouts and an old travel all and then some bigger trucks.

sweet sleeper. definatley stealthy and with tuning, i bet it will just lay waste to anything it races.

Thank you very much! I'll check out your build. The finish on the valve covers is Harley Davidson texture black used for finish repairs on motorcycle cases. The finish on the intake and Plenum is aluminum cast blast by Harley Davidson also used for finish repairs on motorcycle cases. They are high temp, come in a spray can, and have a wonderful application.

The oil filler cap is merely an OEM oil filler cap that I ordered off of Amazon.com. I had to reuse the old rubber seal that goes underneath it because the new rubber seal would not seat properly on the valve cover.

thanks, i appreciate the response, that paint looks great, if you find the part number for the oil filler cap please post it, as i have been looking on there and cant find the same one, thanks again, i hope to have my build up here soon

image.jpg
View attachment 251762
thanks, i appreciate the response, that paint looks great, if you find the part number for the oil filler cap please post it, as i have been looking on there and cant find the same one, thanks again, i hope to have my build up here soon
Here you go: $7

Stant 10109

http://www.autopartsexpress.com

Last edited: