You can type here any text you want

My new chassis thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

regal81455

Ok- I decided since I figured out what the problem was earlier in a different post that I would start a new thread showing my progress on the chassis the "correct" way :biggrin::rolleyes: What do you guys think!?

Attachments

• 100_0161.jpg
    100_0161.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 869
  • 100_0162.jpg
    100_0162.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_0163.jpg
    100_0163.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 861
  • 100_0164.jpg
    100_0164.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 864
  • 100_0165.jpg
    100_0165.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 864
and some pics...

some more pics...

Attachments

• 100_0166.jpg
    100_0166.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 857
  • 100_0167.jpg
    100_0167.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 838
  • 100_0168.jpg
    100_0168.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 838
  • 100_0169.jpg
    100_0169.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 839
  • 100_0170.jpg
    100_0170.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 849
last set...

last set of pics...

also, i was trying to get the ATR bar installed before I quit for the night but it didn't want to fit real well between the lower UMI CA's. Is there any tricks to getting it wedged in between the two? TIA!

Attachments

• 100_0171.jpg
    100_0171.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 832
  • 100_0172.jpg
    100_0172.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 851
remove the pinon snubber you have on there. the stock one is fine the large one is crap. nice looking setup you have so far. nice and clean

Looks EXCELLENT Its easy without the body in the way. A hammer helps getting the sway bar on its a tight fit.

remove the pinon snubber you have on there. the stock one is fine the large one is crap. nice looking setup you have so far. nice and clean

Whats wrong with the kirban piece?

Looks EXCELLENT Its easy without the body in the way. A hammer helps getting the sway bar on its a tight fit.

Thanks for the tip on the swaybar - I hate beating on freshly painted/PC'd parts even if its just a soft mallet but I guess its sometimes necessary.

Thank you both for your kind remarks - hopefully tonight Ill get the rear sway on and finish PCing the rotors/calipers. Then I should be set to start putting on the brake lines and custom bending the fuel system ( not looking forward to that fun!! )

Is that S10 front spindle/hubs? I don't have backing dust shields for mine. Is it really nesaccary?

Is that S10 front spindle/hubs? I don't have backing dust shields for mine. Is it really nesaccary?

Yes, it is the S10 setup. As far as the backing plates go, Im not sure if they are NECESSARY or not but they do go between the hub and the spindle. Do they act as some sort of shim in the process I dunno but Id say you'd want them if thats the way they came from the factory.

Looks really nice. I would love to do the chassis that way. What brand are the braces you used at the rear control arms?

That is terrrible work and ugly to boot. Swap with my setup and start over. :biggrin:

That is outstanding. Makes me want to buy a bare frame and start a new build.

What cross member is that your using? Is that the one that summit sells? Any issues with it.

Your setup looks very nice

I got the crossmember from jegs ( I think?? ) and yes it did not line up exactly they way Id think it should however I bought HR's poly mounts for it and had to enlarge the mounting holes for the plates to pass through so it all worked out in the end.

Thanks for the kind words!
J

Thanks for the kind words! The braces I used are UMI's setup.

Am I glad I found your post today. :biggrin:

I spent a half hour last night trying to get the braces on my car last night. The picture in the instructions shows the adjustable end and nut mounted to the lower control arm. :mad: Would be nice if the marked them RH or LH also.

Now I know I need to flip them around.

Do you have any tips for installing the new bushings for the uppers in the rearend tabs?

Looks damn good!! I like the two color paint job. Kind of like a WWII fighter plane with different colors top and bottom. ;)

Am I glad I found your post today. :biggrin:

I spent a half hour last night trying to get the braces on my car last night. The picture in the instructions shows the adjustable end and nut mounted to the lower control arm. :mad: Would be nice if the marked them RH or LH also.

Now I know I need to flip them around.

Yeah I know the directions suck - took me a few times looking at it and the curves to realize what needed to be done. Hopefully they can be fully adjusted with the body back on, Id think you could get to the jamb nut with something but obviously at this present moment unsure about it.

Do you have any tips for installing the new bushings for the uppers in the rearend tabs?

Get the HR tool for pressing them in and out, by far the easiest way - use a little bit of heat if you can on the tabs before pressiing them out, makes it easier as well.

Looks damn good!! I like the two color paint job. Kind of like a WWII fighter plane with different colors top and bottom. ;)

Thanks for the kudos! Im about finished with my floorpan replacement then I get to start POR'ing the rest of the underbody and stuff and it should start moving pretty quick so check back from time to time.

Back