You can type here any text you want

My New Truck :)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN280CI

My new toy for pulled my GN :cool:

Attachments

• Photo 071.jpg
    Photo 071.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 227
is that a 6.0 powerstroke?? if so what year ?

**never mind read sig...

be careful

They had a lot of computer and sensor problems with those in 05. Buddy at work had one that kept dying for no reason in traffic. He was nearly hit by semi once. Ford changed computer 3 times. Several sensors, and I forget what all else they did. But each time it would be fine for about a month and would start dying again. The Ford place he bought it from told him not to bring it back they couldnt find the problem after the 10 or 12 th time there. Long story short Ford offered him a 2000 dollar rebate on a new one. He laughed at them. Later after 3 months or so of arguing with them and a Ford lawyer. Ford bought the truck back in full. He did buy another one but he went back to a 7.3. No more problems. Ford acknoleged they had a problem with the 05 6.0 but no mass recall.
I had an 03 4.0 explorer also. At 64000 miles feels like its missing at 35mph. I do a search online and to my horror there are 400 or so people who have posted that the trannys are junk in the 03's. Its sealed so there is no way to check the level in an auto trans. Also noticed when servicing that the oil filter is very close to the exhaust manifold. Every 3000 miles the paint is cooked off the filter when I change it. Very ignorant design in my opinion. Last time I buy something without research. Anyway took it to dealer and they said shimmy was rearend. It was whining ......another Ford poor design. They rebuilt the rear and whine left but shimmy was still present. Anyways 2000 miles later trans stops shifting. Ford said they had to see if it was something we did before saying extended warranty covered. I printed Ford service recommendations and thankfully I was 1000 miles short of having to service the trans. I bought it with 63000 miles. Extended warranty was in affect for 1500 more miles. They paid for it praise the Lord. Bill said 2,900 dollars. I think they knew and were trying to make it outlive the warranty. Rearend under warranty was around 1900 dollars. They had my wifes explorer a combined 5 weeks also. We traded it in when we got it back. If you look around there are some sweet deals on 03 and 04 explorers, but dont buy them.
Dont believe me do a search for either of these vehicles and service problems. I am not trying to bash, but if you own one do some research so that if you face the same problems you are prepared to get it resolved without the headaches some of us faced

Back