You can type here any text you want

My pic's of GNX 475 at Barrett-Jackson

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hndzoff

Here are some pic's that I took of 475 today. I hope you all enjoy them.

Mike

Pictures635.jpg

Pictures637.jpg

Pictures639.jpg

Pictures642.jpg

Pictures643.jpg

Pictures644.jpg

Pictures647.jpg

Pictures649.jpg

Pictures650.jpg

Pictures661.jpg

I have lots of pics to post as well of the GNX 475. Hope to get them up tonight. Thought it was a nice car overall, but Im no GNX expert. One thing I noticed, the power antenna didnt look like it dropped down all the way. it was sticking out of the fender a bit. Paint was nice except around the side quarter glass. wonder why they did a repaint?

Wow, hndzoff-- thanks for those great pictures!

I have to say that my opinion has changed-- I'm now *much* more comfortable with the price paid for this car.

IMO, a very weak showing for an under 300 mile X. Antenna inoperative, undercarriage shows evidence of poor / moist storage manifested in surface rust-- and a good amount of it too. Engine bay unimpressive. Not a bubble car by any stretch of the imagination.

Combine these issues with the repaint and I say "well-sold." Could easily be brought up to impeccable condition, but with under 300 miles, why should you possibly have to?

Just my thoughts.

Brake fluid level sure looks low and dark. Undercarriage definitely looks moisture exposed. Still a beautiful car.

Good job with the pics. Did anyone hear what SpeedTV commentators said about the car while it was on stage. Mike Joy made some positive comments after the commercial as it was rolling off.

Taking the pic's were fun. I have never seen a GNX in real life until then. I did not hear what was said about the car since I was there. But I can tell you I had a feeling it was not being shown since the hood was not up on the auction block:confused: But when the car came down the ramp was when I finally saw the camera man.

Thanks for the pics!!!

did you get any pics of the GM collection?

thanks JD

JD,

No pics of the collection. A lot of the cars were spread out and gone by Sunday. Plus I did not have enough time to look at everything and read the descriptions. I did see the 1st zr1 though. It didn't impress me that much to take a picture.

Mike

JD,

No pics of the collection. A lot of the cars were spread out and gone by Sunday. Plus I did not have enough time to look at everything and read the descriptions. I did see the 1st zr1 though. It didn't impress me that much to take a picture.

Mike

Thank you for the info!!

Yes thank You for Pictures!

Thank you for posting these up. There definetly seems to be something up with that car. Look at the ASC/McLaren sticker in the drivers door. It almost looks as if it were water damaged? That coupled with that power antenna being inoperative, the undercarraiage looking like a 15 year-old daily driver. I think there was some funny-business.

hndzoff,

Thanks for the great pics. Now we know the build # of this X thanks to the pic of the SPID label...just more data for the spreadsheet.

Thank you for posting these up. There definetly seems to be something up with that car. Look at the ASC/McLaren sticker in the drivers door. It almost looks as if it were water damaged? That coupled with that power antenna being inoperative, the undercarraiage looking like a 15 year-old daily driver. I think there was some funny-business.

i disagree - if you look closely, all the rust looks like minor surface rust, bolts look nice, theres even the original paper tag on the pitman arm.... if anything it probably sat for a good portion of time in a warehouse or garage that wasnt climate controlled and the cement floors might have exposed the undercarriage to moisture..... engine compartment looks nice.

I agree w/ Royal-T-LTD. This car was possibly stored in a non climate controlled environment. This would not scare me away from buying this car (the price will). As far as the car being repainted, that's would turn me off. I would expect original paint on a car that has a few hundred miles on it.

Back