My progress thread...

Jesse, pull it out in the sun since it's nice this week and let it sit. Then you guys can wet sand and buff it next week. ---Jeremy

I'm gonna pull it outside tomorrow and park it up by the house all day. We have to paint the header panel tomorrow anyway.

1007111754b.jpg1007111754a.jpg1007111754.jpg1006111727.jpgYou're all a bunch of queers!

jenn won't take pics til it's finished so Keith's head is probably going to explode soon. He said I can have the 87 when he pops.

Car is looking good. I cant wait to get started back on mine. workers comp is watching me so I aint doing nothing. Im thinking about buying one of those metal stretcher/shrinkers from Harbor. I have to replace the lips on my inner wheel house. I really just stopped working on it because I was fed up with it.

I cut the rust out of mine and welded a piece in that matched the thickness of where they joined. TUrned out pretty good.

went to the junkyard today to find a few odds and ends I was missing. The regal that was out there must have gotten picked over since it wasn't there anymore. I did get a pair of trunk bump stops, a passenger window switch, and a tru-cool transmission cooler. Got it all for 22 bucks:) I got the trans cooler installed just have to do the lines. I swapped the window switch and the passenger side still doesn't work:( Both sides work fine from the driver side. the switch isn't getting ground and don't know why. If I ground the switch it will work. I'll spend more time on that later.

I fired the car up and let it run for a while. I could feel the heat radiating off it. I think it's gonna work just fine.

Wow this car has come a long way from the pics that i was looking at from 08'. Looks great man enjoy it.

opened up my carpet from nos, I'm very pleased with it. I'll let you guys know how the fit is when I put it in this weekend

Doing a little updating. The carpet fit well, the sides will need to be trimmed. If you have an extra pair of hands you don't have to trim the front if you get it up to the firewall seam. The trans tunnel is a little bulky but considering what was in there before (nothing) I can live with it. I still need to finish cutting holes and things like that but I got it laid in. I installed the header panel, front and rear fillers, and rear tail lights tonight. The header panel fit well. The fillers fit ok. The fronts turned out ok but the rears are wavy. Tried to heat them up and form them but could only do so much. Windshield and side glass should be going in within the next week. I still haven't figured out my power window problem yet. Sure would be nice to know which order the wiring is supposed to be in on the switch so I can start chasing the problem.

No I don't want to try to disect that diagram. Just want the order of the colors on the back of the switches.

I want to see see quality pics of this new paint job bro! Lets see this beast!!:biggrin:

Oh, you mean this paint that has an inch of dust on it and STILL isn't polished yet? I'll have Jenn take pics of it sometime. Garage is a disaster again as usual. My heads are the cause of the smoking btw. Did some more reading and found you cannot use the gm exhaust valves when you modify for higher lift. That's ok, the smoke flowing out the back gives the taillights a romantic glow lol!