You can type here any text you want

My TTA made some more press along with that hardtop one on eBay..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
This month's Pontiac Enthusiast. Actually Nov/Dec 2006 This publication seems to not like the TTA's. I guess because of the Buick engine. It's like pulling teeth trying to get in it. So they finally stuck my car in the "Dartboard" section. Being Hemmings only posted the stock HP the TTA's make I gave these guys the real numbers and they posted that! I thought that was kinda cool for a change to see some real numbers! Nice little article they wrote from all the crap I sent in about the car. Always cool to keep these cars in the spot light! :cheers:

Click here for the full size link...

PontEnt1.jpg

As for Brian's hardtop car they were not as nice to it. It was under their on line auction watch section.. It reads as follows.. 1989 Trans Am Turbo 20th Anniversary Edition. Not Sold - Offered at $79,000 The latest in a spate of low-mile-age turbo T/As we've seen lately- this one listed at 6,000 miles-we weren't surprised that this car didn't sell for it's nearly $80,000 asking price, although it attracted 18 offers. True, it is one of only 24 hardtops (non-T-top), but we've seen several other low-mile cars and the seller claims that it was possibly the "lowest mileage investment quality car in existence" smacked of hyperbole-as did the asking price. And they had a pic of the car.

Its about time.I think your right about them not liking the car though.BTW that GTO is a local car and it is probably the most rediculous things I have ever seen someone do to a car.

I agree with you there! That thing is nuts. Seems like if it made the power it should with all that it would tear the car into bits on one throttle jab! :eek: :D

Good job Jimmy. When do you sleep between polishing your cars, shows and getting published in magazines ;)

why shouldn't they like the tta because of its buick engine? what motor is in the gta? yes, it's a chevy... :D

lol thanks guys.. Now you know why I won't come out with the chance of rain! I can't stand all that detailing work! :)

Jason I'm not sure if it's out yet. If you can't find it let me know I'll get you one.

I don't know why the Pontiac folks don't like the TTA as much. Maybe because it can pretty much beat the balls off of any other Pontiac! :D

phillyturbosix said:
I don't know why the Pontiac folks don't like the TTA as much. Maybe because it can pretty much beat the balls off of any other Pontiac! :D

It's the same reason 'musclecar' enthusiasts turn their noses up at the GNs - no V8. I had a bunch of hillbillies openly laugh at my 'puny V6' at a charity race out in PA. I don't think any of them really knew what it was. I smacked down one of their buddies that was driving a 355 CID Camaro and they came back for a closer look at the V6.

Jim

Back when the magazine was a Pete mcCarthy/Jim Wangers show, Pete (even now) didn't like any non Pontiac powered car.
he for sure does not like the third and fourth gen cars.
We would get into it at car show press days.
Jim would just sit there, till I got him to tell Pete how much fun these cars are. ;)
pete still refuses to get behind the wheel.
Now, even talking with the new guy (a GTO guy who has done many books), he just told me that there were a ton made, so no intrest. :eek: Go figure!
Two years ago, I approached Hemming's Motor news about the car (mine), here at a local Route 66 car show.
Next thing I know, someone here on this site gets in the magazine! :rolleyes: ;)

Good to see you made it again Jim! :)

George :cool:

mr.turbota said:
Back when the magazine was a Pete mcCarthy/Jim Wangers show, Pete (even now) didn't like any non Pontiac powered car.
Jim would just sit there, till I got him to tell Pete how much fun these cars are. ;)
Now, even talking with the new guy (a GTO guy who has done many books), he just told me that there were a ton made, so no intrest. :eek: Go figure!
Two years ago, I approached Hemming's Motor news about the car (mine), here at a local Route 66 car show.
Next thing I know, someone here on this site gets in the magazine! :rolleyes: ;)

George,
Every time I talk to Jim Wangers he tells me his favorite Trans Am in his collection (He has a few - 10th TATA, SD-455, 69 TA, 30th TA, etc.) is the 20th due to it's performance. I have seen the banter between him and Pete over the car and Jim never wavers in his positive comments! :biggrin:

Too bad he doesn't have the influence on the Magazine he once had.

When I was at the POCI Nationals this year with my Hardtop, which took first place in class, I could not get either magazine to come over and and do a piece on the car! The are more interested in the Pontiac powered cars!

- Dave

Ya Dave,
He has said the same thing right in front of Pete and me.
The really sad thing is, back around 1990, Pete and John Sawark approached me with someone filming, and presented me with a size "M" festival 20th jacket!
If he hates the car so much, why get involved?
This was at the 1989 Western Regional GTO car show.
John brought a 20th TTA hardtop car, and later saw me and asked me if I ever got one, that there was a nice one parked next to his.
I said ya, I'm parked right next to a 20th TTA hardtop.
We both laughed.
Pete hardly ever talks to me now.
He got upset when he found out I did 2 books.
Oh well.

Jim, if you remember, Joe Amishi was showing us pics of Woodward ave when he want.. That twin blown GTO was there.. Remember?

phillyturbosix said:
I agree with you there! That thing is nuts. Seems like if it made the power it should with all that it would tear the car into bits on one throttle jab! :eek: :D

yea great point...

Bird of Prey said:
why shouldn't they like the tta because of its buick engine? what motor is in the gta? yes, it's a chevy... :D

And Ill bet my next months wages that Jim has the very best TTA in the country.. :p You gotta see it to believe it.. It belongs in Hemmings Muscle machines..

mr.turbota said:

Don't blow my head up that big Frank! That damn George always seems to pop my bubble! Damn him! :D :D :D :p :p :tongue: :D

I have found that when I take my car to the Pontiac and Trans Am shows it's a love/hate relationship. Some of the older diehard Pontiac guys typically just overlook all 3rd and 4th gen Firebirds (but they still like the 2nd gens that got the Oldsmobile motor). Then you get the other guys who enjoy all the generations and really love the TTA. I always get quite a few people who come by and ask a bunch of questions about the car, and they talk about how they wanted a TTA so bad when they came out but they just couldn't afford one.

Back