Nebraska Area?

Spot1984

I just purchased my first 1987 Grand National! I have been building hotrods since I was a kid but I love my GN way more! I took it to the track in September and ran 14.17 completely stock. I want to get this thing in to the high tens and be somewhat streetable. I live in Grand Island Nebraska and was wondering if there are others from my area that would help me. Thanks!

Hey best of luck to you. I am 2 hours south of you and I am in gi all the time. Pm me if you wish.

I live in Aurora. I have an 84 pretty much stock that I reconditioned. Not used to going fast with what have, but would be willing to help if I can. PM me sometime so we can trade #'s if you want. I farm, so I am busy in the summer months, but have some time during winter.

No way auroura lol I have stayed at kens motel in auroura for years and have lots of customers there.

There used to be quite a few TB's in the area. I remember going to a couple of GN-Mustang shoot-outs in Scribner back when Ken Mosher was putting them together. They used to get 10-12 pretty quick GNs & Ts there. I don't know anyone in the area anymore. I would recommend going to the track, and seeing who is out there with a TB.

I wish Scribner was still around. :( The nearest drag strip left out here is the 1/8th mile at MAM.

I'm half an hour south of Lincoln. Not sure what kind of help I could be, as I'm barely even making progress on my own car. There's a few turbo buick guys around here though. If you ever want some dyno time, tuning, or even some serious upgrades, give a call to Pat or Chad at The Shop, Inc. in Lincoln.

I wish Scribner was still around. :( The nearest drag strip left out here is the 1/8th mile at MAM.

I'm half an hour south of Lincoln. Not sure what kind of help I could be, as I'm barely even making progress on my own car. There's a few turbo buick guys around here though. If you ever want some dyno time, tuning, or even some serious upgrades, give a call to Pat or Chad at The Shop, Inc. in Lincoln.

Where you at south of lincoln? I'm barely over the border, close enough to smell you guys. ;)

Where you at south of lincoln? I'm barely over the border, close enough to smell you guys. ;)

Little town called Firth, just north and to the east of Cortland. Ever hear of a salvage yard called Watt's outside of Wymore? I'm told that guy has tons off G-bodies, but I haven't been there myself in over a decade. I need to head down there sometime.

Little town called Firth, just north and to the east of Cortland. Ever hear of a salvage yard called Watt's outside of Wymore? I'm told that guy has tons off G-bodies, but I haven't been there myself in over a decade. I need to head down there sometime.

Firth wow, used to go to the countryside coop there. There is another member in Fairmont up by York with a cool GN. BretH on here.

Oh yeah i been to watt's. But there's another closer to me, full of g bodies, great prices. I know the guys pretty well, i'm one of the few with "drive my own vehicle in there" privileges (though i no longer own a truck capable of making it around the place, NO rock). I live in Seneca. Used to own a couple shelby chargers, an 83 and an 85. Both were beyond saving though.

Next time your in town johndeeregn, pm me when you will be here and we will get together and tell some lies on how fast our cars are.

We have a couple around the omaha area. The best tuner by far is John Plog. He goes by the handle johnplogii. We race at MAM and KC with a couple of excursions to Oklahoma and Bowling Green.