need a floor jack

DCVING 6

I'm in the market for a new floor jack. I'm looking for something around 2 1/2 ton, I think. I went to Sears and they looked like flimsy pieces of junk. I would like something that will last.

Buy the craftsman pro series with the jack stands. I think its around $130.00 . I bought the Blue Monster from cornwell for $200.00 about three years ago and already replaced hydraulic unit. for $119.00. piece of s$#@ was built in japan. just like the craftsmen one that i also have that is ten years old.never had a problem with it . just wanted to upgrade to a 3 ton jack. dont buy the cheap one from sears. you can also buy it from Kmart now that they sell craftsman tools. Check out one of the vendors .i just seen one at the top of my screen www.standardus.com.they must be good if their on this site. lol

Sam's club or Costco. About $80. As good as the $120 to $200 ones. Nobody seems to make really good one anymore as they're all Chinese.

go to NAPA & get a Lincoln. I've had mine for about 15 years, still works like the day I bought it.

you get what you pay for.

I got a nice one from car quest about three years ago and it still works great. You may have seen it in my garage. Right around $100.

I bought a Sams club one back in 1997 - still works like a champ. Its not as low to the ground as some of those fancy ones with the front roller wheel - this one actually has 4 wheels and is real heavy. I think i paid $80 for it....

It had a lever on the side that would jack it up really fast (in one step of the foot) for when you have the car already up on the jack stands, so you don't have to pump it back up high for lowering the car. i took off that lever, it just seemed to get in the way and I never used it....

It looks like this one (this one doesnt have that goofy lever)

National Tool Warehouse - 2-1/2-Ton Garage Jack

My flimsy Sears one 2 1/2 ton is from 1973 well maybe 1974. ;)

Works fine but I use my grandfather's jack stands with it, he was a mechanic, from the 1930's. :eek: :cool:

My flimsy Sears one 2 1/2 ton is from 1973 well maybe 1974. ;)

Works fine but I use my grandfather's jack stands with it, he was a mechanic, from the 1930's. :eek: :cool:

The Sears one looked OK, just didn't look as beefy as the ones we had in the shop. I'll go back and take a second look. :cool:

I've got one of the newer Sears aluminum "race lookalikes". Works very nicely.

Funny story

I walked into AutoZone

And a worker says hey MR. we have the aluminum racing jacks on sale.

So I say WOW I all ways wanted a racing jack, how fast does it go
The kid- ohh ahhh um wait a second let me the other guy he should know.
The other guy- well it um ahh not really shore what you mean.
I say, well if it’s a racing jack I would like to know how fast it goes. Then I started laughing.

Those guys whir red as a tomato

Buy at Costco it has a life time guarantee. I bought an aluminum jack from them 4 years ago (when the aluminum jacks first came out) and it started leaking at the seal; got my $275 back and I did not even have my receipt.
Jeff

I have a Mac

I have a MAc unit its very nice but, costly. I saw a nice unit at Sams Club. Looks well made and should hold up. You may want to check them out.

EVADDAVE

Go with the Sears racing jack , its light you can throw , ok place it in your car if you need it roadside/trackside or have to bring it over a friends or whatever its worth it for that alone plus it looks cool and has those nice handles on it so you can bring it to parties . :wink: