Need a turbo for 10's

CutterTurboT

BOOST
Well my TA52 spit parts of the turbine into the down pipe this week so I'm looking for a turbo upgrade....I want to run 10.70-10.90 in the 1/4 with about 22 psi of boost with my smc alky. I'm thinking of going with 72lbs inj and either a TA64 or GT67. What do you guys that run 10's think I need...mods in the sig.

turbo

That's gotta suck! What is Van running on his car? Was it a Limit or Precision? I am pulling my motor sat,maybe I can catch up now:D

Te-45a I think would be perfect (providing you have enough stall). Racegas IMHO would be a must, once you crank the boost to dip in the 10's.Girdle? and or billet mains?...HTH

Hey, nice to see some more members from south Ga on. Looks like you have some pretty good numbers already. Nice T btw.

Maybe when I get my trans probs sorted out we'll find out what this TE-62 is gonna do. <nudges ITSAV6> :D

ITSAV6: why don't ya just loan me that PTS tranny? ;)

ha ha

Looks like I'll have to give it to ya to get you movin:p

PT-52= POS. Mine lasted about 1200 miles. Many others have failed, VERY common. TE-61 (pt 54) is a proven turbo to dip into 10s, and still be good on the street. Not as expensive as the 45.

The 67 will work, but you need more converter, like around 3500. If you get a good converter that is tight off the throttle, you might look for a little more than 3500 to really get it going.

Taffy, I have an art carr 9in 19930 n/l 3000-3200 stall....I think it will be ok. I used to run a TA54 with the stock converter and everyone said I needed a 3k stall...I could build about 8 psi on the line with that turbo and the stock converter....it realy didn't lag that bad.

turboculosis, I have billet mains.

I am curious about this as well because I would like to "touch" 10s but my car still has to be street driven and if I can do it with the TE-61 then I will go with that just because its 300 bucks cheaper.

GT67 in the .63 by John Craig is the way to go.

3000 N/L should be ok as its a tad lighter than the L/U and then you have ported heads. Keep it in the .63 unless you are going to open up the converter more.

Forced inductions is a great vendor, go with there reccomendations.

Originally posted by CutterTurboT
Taffy, I have an art carr 9in 19930 n/l 3000-3200 stall....I think it will be ok. I used to run a TA54 with the stock converter and everyone said I needed a 3k stall...I could build about 8 psi on the line with that turbo and the stock converter....it realy didn't lag that bad.

turboculosis, I have billet mains.

It sounds like your combo is set up nicely. If you can spool the TA54 with the stock converter, then the 3K stall should be fine for the 67 with your setup. If you do not like it, get a lock up converter with more stall. I would suggest at least 3500, 3800-4000 is optimal.

Since you want to keep the boost low, go with the 67 over the 66 since the 67 will produce more HP at lower boost over the 66.