Need advise to stop boost creep

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
I was trying to tune my gn and noticed I have some bad boost creep. I'll hit 22-24lbs boost in 3rd, WOT. I have a thdp and te44. I was told to run "Tuner style," or turn down the boost in the chip to 12lbs or to port the wastegate to match to thdp puck. What are the pro's/con's , what should I do?

Thx:confused:

Boost creep can be caused by not having a large enough wastegate hole in the turbine housing to bleed off boost steadily and maintain boost levels. The hole should be slightly smaller than the puck on the THDP or whatever you're using. You'll need to check the hole/puck relationship to one another and see what you got. From there, a fix can be made. The puck should have about 1/16" excess coverage around the wastegate hole evenly. it's a home fix too. :)

Porting out the wastegate hole is really the only easy solution to boost creep. How you port the hole will have pro's and con's.

Opening the hole to just below THDP puck size will eliminate boost creep, but will also require the actuator rod to be shortened considerably to maintain the same boost level (and you may run out of travel with a stock actuator if you race the car). You also run the risk of going too big and ruining your exhaust housing.

If you bellmouth the inside of the wastegate hole but only open it slightly, you can eliminate boost creep without the cons listed above.