You can type here any text you want

Need chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thomas G. Tew

My GN has had non factory injectors installed by mechanic who knew nothing about Turbo Buicks. He said the injectors were one size larger than the stock GNX injectors. It of course runs very ragged. Does anyone have any suggestions on where or how I can get a chip that will work the larger injectors?

TurboTweak for the chip but you need to find out what injectors they are.

Take a picture of the numbers on the side of the injectors so we can ID them and then you can call turbotweak

My GN has had non factory injectors installed by mechanic who knew nothing about Turbo Buicks. He said the injectors were one size larger than the stock GNX injectors. It of course runs very ragged. Does anyone have any suggestions on where or how I can get a chip that will work the larger injectors?
I'll get the number off them tomorrow and post it... Thanks!

IF !! your injectors are only one size up from stock they would be 30 lber's and would not need a re chip. Should run just fine with the stock chip. Do as they asked and get us a part number. I'm willing to bet they are larger.
PS. Make sure he has the injector harness all plugged in correctly and in order.

I bought them years ago from online... Phil up in PA. Said they were one size up from the GNX factory injectors. The only #'s I can find on them is 5163 and 17113734
They are very small and even with a magnifying glass these old eyes could hardly see them! Hope you can help... I've held on to this car through years of sickness and retirement( just wanna play with it again.
Thanks!

17113739 *there is no 17113734 so 9 is the logical match
and those are Rochster/GM 40# and definitely need a chip going from stock

Thanks so much. I got in touch with TurboTweak and gave them the number. Went out with a black light and magnifying glass.
They are 17113738. Thanks again for your help. This forum is a "HeavenSend" cause im getting ready to do a brake conversion next. This is the third Powermaster I had to put in it since 1988 and Im gonna stop that this time! LOL!

17113738 are 50s... no way those should have been called a step above stock

Back