You can type here any text you want

Need choosing fuel management, advice needed!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

I need help choosing a fuel management system for my car. The car will be a mostly street driven car with a few passes on the track here and there. I am running AC as well. The motor is a Stage 2 252 ci with TA heads, 70BB turbo, TA headers, 70mm TB + plenum, DeQuick front mount, 3200 stall, and plan on running 96lb injectors. What is the best fuel management system for street use? Big Stuff 3? Fast XFI? Fast B2B? What are the downfalls on each system? Am I going to be able to utilize my knock detector? Thanks for the help! -----Jeremy

Jeremy whats up?

Theres a guy on the board selling a fast for 1k. Cant beat that deal and Hartline will throw in a startup program. Even with that installed neither of us will be able to run with the bigdog from Elburn. ;)

If its gonna be street driven with a/c and all,
Go XFI, Call Hartline performance they will set ya up good.
It does have more features than the old F.A.S.T for a street car.
I do not have alot of exp with a BS3 at this time,But i find the software harder
to navigate mostly because i am used to F.A.S.T

96lb injectors, they are MSD type are suspect. use 83's instead. 83's will cover the power of the 70bb no problem.

It aint no buick...but I just installed an XFI from cal for my nova. Easy to tune... runs great, I am in the middle of 2000mile round trip with the unit. No problems yet,except I want the internal datalogger:biggrin:

Trying to find a chassis shop in louisville tomorrow to havd a little play time.
Tg

Hey Jeremy, just got finished installing XFI, real easy to hook up, basically plug and play for the most part. Only thing to wire in or change is adding a bung in the down pipe, running the wires to the O2 sensor from the fast box, and relocating the ATS in the up pipe. Got everything from Hartline as well as the tune (I'm sure there are other vendors that do the same but Cal and Holley are real good folks to deal with). Can't give ya any real world experience quite yet as I'm gonna fire it off tonight.
I also questioned about the knock detector, from what I gathered, because the ESC module is still used the knock box is still active.
Just my $.02 worth, good luck with your choice.

Got the car running last night, fired up on first try. Car has never ran this smooth, took out on drive and fine tuned a few things. Made a few 3rd gear pulls, sweeeeet. I will say, for tuning help you can't beat Cal (Hartline) IMO. I can't really say anything about any other systems, but the XFI system is very easy to navigate and user friendly (what little bit I have used).

A/C blows cold. With the stock computer the car would surge at idle, sometimes stall out when cruising in town with the A/C. No problems now (took it out today in 98* heat, worked perfect), I mostly "street" drive my car, hit the track occasionally. But finally got tired of the tune being off and on depending on weather, boost, ect.... I wanted something dependable and reliable every time I got in the car, rather it was to cruise or race and I believe FAST and Cal have got their stuff together on this one.

Thanks for the kind words. Don't hesitate to call if you need any more help.

Back