Need Door/ Driving FLA to MA

Bob Avellar

On vacation in Orlando ,Fla. I have limited acces to the bulliten board (library) and can't accces my email so please post any response here or call me on cell phone. If you post here try to give me complete infp like phone #, directions, door condition, etc. and I will check the board when I get a chance (or call). I already got a passenger side door for $50 down here but I can't find another for the driver side. I checked at least 30 yards all aroun Orlando but most are junk. If you personally know of a straight ,rust free driver side door within 100 or so miles of Orlando I'll buy it. Problem is, I called yards and they said they had good doors but after I drove 50-60 miles I found that they were junk. Just let me know if you are SURE of a good door. I don't expect mint but just a small amount of surface rust. Would like power but manual OK too. Color doesn't matter- I'm repainting and will strip it anyway. I'm leaving Orlando on Sat a.m. around 8:00 am and driving straight thru to Ma up I-95. If someone further north has one off the car and for sale please call me on cell phone. Only problem is, I may not be in your area at a convenient time. I might be around North Carolina around about 10 hours after I leave so that might be around 6:00 pm. I know you guys have some in the Carolinas and Maryland so please call me. I know there not $50 bucks though but if you can give me a decent $$ and arrange for me to pick it up I'll be happy to come home with 2 good doors! My cell # is 508-789-5815. Please call ASAP so I know what to do. My wife thinks I'm nuts driving all day to junkyards and thinks I'm wasting my vacation. I'm waiting for the phone to ring. I posted here because of the time constraints and the fact that the tech sections is always active.

FOUND A DOOR!!!!

HEY GUYS, BOB WANTED ME TO TELL YOU, DON'T CALL! HE FOUND A DOOR AND HIS WIFE'S GONNA' KILL HIM IF HE DOESN'T STOP JUNKIN' WHILE THEY'RE ON VACATION IN ORLANDO.:D THE MAIDS AT THE HOTEL ARE HAVING TROUBLE MOVING THE DOORS AND FENDERS AROUND SO THEY CAN MAKE THE BED. ;)

Just wanted to thank the guys who did call me while I was in Fla. with leads to some doors.I ended up getting one from Red Regal T. Three other guys called me .If you read this please respond so I'll remember who you are and they also searched some boneyards but I jumped at the first one that Red Regal T told me he had. I just needed to be done with the search so my wife didn't think I was totally nuts for spending several days of my vacation in the junlyards. Well, I strapped one on the roof of my 86 BMW and put another in the trunk. Loaded all the luggage in the back seat of the car. The doors stayed secure and I am home safe (Had the pleasure of doing a 360 in front of three lanes of traffic around Baltimore on the way down). No one hit us and we just backed into a guard rail. Almost negligable damage-you have to look to find it. Pretty lucky considering I was doing 85 at the time. Just drove it like I was playing the Nascar game at Daytona. Didn't hit the brakes till after I was sliding backwards for quite a while. If I had hit the brakes sooner I may not have tapped the guard rail but someone may have hit us head on. The cars around me did a hell of a job by not hitting us or each other. They were pretty alert considering it was around 4:eek:o in the morning.
And no- I will still not fly next time! Thanks guys.