You can type here any text you want

Need help choosing a cam!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
This is the cam I'm considering and would like to know if it will work well with my combo. I'm looking at the 210/215 revolution X

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Revolution X Roller Cam Kit Morel Lifter

Here is a list of what I've accumulated over the years and have ready to go.

Precision front mount
70mm KB throttle body and plenum
rjc power plate
1.60 HS roller rockers
McKenzie ported heads
3 1/2 Th down pipe
ported stock intake
60# injectors & chip
Arizona GN headers
te 60 turbo
3200 stall lock up i believe it's an artcar
ls1 maf and translator

that's what i can remember.
any help is appreciated.

thank you

That's the one I got, engine shifts at 6,000 rpm, with the tranny in drive going down the track. I did take my time setting up the valvetrain, swapping out the pushrods in the kit for special length ones. Mike and Marianne are really great to work with over at fullthrottlespeed.

Chuck

That's the one I got, engine shifts at 6,000 rpm, with the tranny in drive going down the track. I did take my time setting up the valvetrain, swapping out the pushrods in the kit for special length ones. Mike and Marianne are really great to work with over at fullthrottlespeed.

Chuck
i got that one too and didnt install it. why did you have to replace the pushrods when you bought them with the morel lifters. i thought that they are the match for them

i got that one too and didnt install it. why did you have to replace the pushrods when you bought them with the morel lifters. i thought that they are the match for them

Because all the dimensions of a motor have a tolerance, which stack up, plus if the decks where ever true cut, the heads true cut. It's easy to see how with some builds that the push rods maybe to long/short. I would imagine if you have a stock motor/heads that have never been cut, you should be fine. Pay particular attention to the roller rocker set-up instructions, if you went that route. This means that you will have to assemble the heads, and the roller rocker assembly, adjust the roller rockers to the correct preload, I believe it was 5/8 of a turn after contact. Disassmble the roller rocker shaft assemble, flip it over and measure the length the preload stud is in or out of the rocker arm, there is a tolerance there, and my stock length push rods where to long, I don't remember exactly how much but enough that they where not right. Just be prepared that it may take a extra week or two until you figure out what length you need and send the originals back, then the custom ones get made and shipped back out to you. It's worth the extra time to do it right the 1st time.
I bought my kit before the morel lifters, pretty sure my kit had the competion cam lifters, and happy to say there is no sewing machine noise, you couldn't hear the valve train at idle when the motor was fresh.

Chuck

Because all the dimensions of a motor have a tolerance, which stack up, plus if the decks where ever true cut, the heads true cut. It's easy to see how with some builds that the push rods maybe to long/short. I would imagine if you have a stock motor/heads that have never been cut, you should be fine. Pay particular attention to the roller rocker set-up instructions, if you went that route. This means that you will have to assemble the heads, and the roller rocker assembly, adjust the roller rockers to the correct preload, I believe it was 5/8 of a turn after contact. Disassmble the roller rocker shaft assemble, flip it over and measure the length the preload stud is in or out of the rocker arm, there is a tolerance there, and my stock length push rods where to long, I don't remember exactly how much but enough that they where not right. Just be prepared that it may take a extra week or two until you figure out what length you need and send the originals back, then the custom ones get made and shipped back out to you. It's worth the extra time to do it right the 1st time.
I bought my kit before the morel lifters, pretty sure my kit had the competion cam lifters, and happy to say there is no sewing machine noise, you couldn't hear the valve train at idle when the motor was fresh.

Chuck

Thanks that sums it up

196 views and with all the gurus on here no help? Are all your feelings hurt or something?

I thought this was where Men came to talk about race cars?

I run the 210/215 in my car and have no complaints..... But I put a 215/220 roller in our T and honestly I think it doesn't give up any thing down low and has more up top, yet idles very smooth and pulls 14-15 " of vacuum according to my boost gauge

I’m just curious is this going to be a track car? With your turbo and converter it appears you could get away with the cam you are looking at. I asked a similar question a few months ago and I was told to stick with a small grind like a 206/206. Contrary to what I’ve read in this post I was told anything larger would really cause slow spool and a weak bottom end. However, I do not have the converter or turbo you do. I also received a pm from a member who installed the 210/215 and said he really wished he had gone smaller. He felt he had to really wind it up to make any power and his vacuum brakes no longer worked right. I still have not bought my cam and was just doing some searching as I would like to make a purchase. So many opinions makes for a hard decision.

Gentleman thank you. It will be a driver and maybe the track a couple of times just to see what it does.

I've heard good things about this cam but since it will be a driver maybe i should go with the 206/206.

Now with the 215/220, is that on a daily driver or is it a race car?

Gentleman thank you. It will be a driver and maybe the track a couple of times just to see what it does.

I've heard good things about this cam but since it will be a driver maybe i should go with the 206/206.

Now with the 215/220, is that on a daily driver or is it a race car?

I have a 218/218 and I see no reason I couldn't daily drive it...You can hear the cam at idle, but it's still smooth enough for DD duty...And sometimes it has to do DD duty.

Call Erson and ask for Steve. Part number is E670101, grind is RV10H.

8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Mon.-Fri. PST

Back