You can type here any text you want

Need new springs and possibly shocks....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo_D

So I just got my Weld RT-S wheels on the car (still waiting on one since the weld was cracked and they have to build another one). The drag radials in the back sit at a perfect height. I do need rear springs though as the driver side is sagging. It looks like Kirban has some stock replacements. Any good or other options?

The front of the car will need to go down an inch. It seems like the two common options are the the eibach 1" drop springs and the Hotchkis 1" drop springs. It looks like the Hotchkis ones are a little better quality. Opinions?

I have KYB shocks on the car that have been on for years but not many miles on them. Should I upgrade as they are low budget shocks?

If I say F-it and want to go with some coilovers for the front what are my options? I know that Scott sells his setup for about $800. There is also the QA1 setup that guys talk about....

I have a killer wheel/tire setup now and I want to do things right. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Derek

I`ve got the DSE springs and shocks from Scott, my car sits lower than my old Hotchkis springs setup...

Yeah I actually called Scott last week and left him a message.
Never heard back. Maybe he doesn't check his messages.
I'll try again next week.

So I just got my Weld RT-S wheels on the car (still waiting on one since the weld was cracked and they have to build another one). The drag radials in the back sit at a perfect height. I do need rear springs though as the driver side is sagging. It looks like Kirban has some stock replacements. Any good or other options?

The front of the car will need to go down an inch. It seems like the two common options are the the eibach 1" drop springs and the Hotchkis 1" drop springs. It looks like the Hotchkis ones are a little better quality. Opinions?

I have KYB shocks on the car that have been on for years but not many miles on them. Should I upgrade as they are low budget shocks?

If I say F-it and want to go with some coilovers for the front what are my options? I know that Scott sells his setup for about $800. There is also the QA1 setup that guys talk about....

I have a killer wheel/tire setup now and I want to do things right. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Derek

Hi Derek,

Sorry for not answering the messages, I was out of town at a funeral all week...

We carry all the DSE stuff and also the Ridetech stuff but it's just not up yet on our site...

DSE Front 2" drop springs are $195 / pair
DSE Rear 2" drop springs are $210 /pair

DSE Gas replacement shocks are $150 /pair (front or rear)
DSE Front Coilover shocks - $850 /pair
DSE Rear Coilover shocks - $1000 /pair

Ridetech offers several options of coil overs that are very neat.. We are now back in the office, Please give us a call on Monday and we can discuss all of your options and the prices.

Scot W.

Thanks Scot! I need to stay factory height in rear as I went with some nice big drag radials. What can I do for replacement stock springs? I would love to do coil overs but I see they're 1000 just for rear.

I think 2" drop in front will be too much. I need about an inch, maybe 1.5. I went with a 245/40 on an 18x9 up front. Again if there is a good coil over that is cheaper I would be willing. If not tell me which springs are good for less drop.

Thanks!

D

Thanks Scot! I need to stay factory height in rear as I went with some nice big drag radials. What can I do for replacement stock springs? I would love to do coil overs but I see they're 1000 just for rear.

I think 2" drop in front will be too much. I need about an inch, maybe 1.5. I went with a 245/40 on an 18x9 up front. Again if there is a good coil over that is cheaper I would be willing. If not tell me which springs are good for less drop.

Thanks!

D
Keep in mind that all spring manufactures rate & measure their springs off factory specs so just because the DSE springs are a 2" drop that does not mean that is what it will drop your car! Your old springs have sagged considerably by now and the ride height is lower than it was from the factory. Many of our customers see right around a 1" drop because the factory springs sagged by 1" already. So with that said you will truly get a 2" drop from factory specs but you will not see a complete 2" drop from removing your old worn out factory springs.

If it's Price that is holding you up on quality coil overs, the Ridetech coil overs offer a great shock for a great price which are cheaper than the DSE coil overs. Just something to think about but when you call we can go over all of your options and the pricing. To me it's better to just save up and bite the bullet once and get the coil overs so you can benefit from the adjust-ability and be done with the ride height dilemma all at once and in most cases it's not too much more to get single or double adjustable so then you can tune your suspension exactly the way you want it!

As an FYI, the stock height is measured at the rocker panel just behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels. It's suposed to be 9.125"-10.625" in height for both. If lower or higher than that the springs are supposed to be replaced. This is with good body bushings ect so check everything before you do any measurments so you can see what the actual height is. Once my car is together I will check mine and then do some measurements off the frame so I can find what it's sitting at as a refference for later.:)

Scot this is the car that I talked to you about a couple months back where since I have had the car the body sits about a half inch over on the frame toward the driver side. I had all my body bushings replaced but the guy forgot that my main concern was the body shifted over. He's going to loosen all the bolts back up and we are going to center the body and tighten them back down before I do my suspension stuff. You had mentioned I may need to make some brackets to keep the body there once it is centered.

The rear driver's spring is worn out so the car sags on the rear driver side. I have to at least get rear springs anyway even if I stay at "stock" height.

If I could get the front down at least an inch it would look killer. I'll be happy to talk to you about the coilover options when I call.

Scot this is the car that I talked to you about a couple months back where since I have had the car the body sits about a half inch over on the frame toward the driver side. I had all my body bushings replaced but the guy forgot that my main concern was the body shifted over. He's going to loosen all the bolts back up and we are going to center the body and tighten them back down before I do my suspension stuff. You had mentioned I may need to make some brackets to keep the body there once it is centered.

The rear driver's spring is worn out so the car sags on the rear driver side. I have to at least get rear springs anyway even if I stay at "stock" height.

If I could get the front down at least an inch it would look killer. I'll be happy to talk to you about the coilover options when I call.
Yes you Must make a dowel or something to keep the body in place once you get it straightened. If you just loosen the body bushings and move it where it should be after time and driving it will just shift back and you will be right where you started from...

Scot W.

Back