You can type here any text you want

Need some help here with transmission linkage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
So, I’m still playing games with this shifter...mainly because I am lazy. I decided to work on it today and I moved the long rod with the spring out of the way in order to help hook the cable up. I heard a loud pop, then a washer (pictured also) flew off. I’m not sure if that’s all that secures this rod or not. Take a look at the picture....it’s the rod with the spring on the end. I hope I’m not missing pieces Please see pictures. View attachment 324052View attachment 324053View attachment 324054

there should be a plastic washer that the spring sits on inside to keep it from going through the hole the shaft goes through.

see in the picture it should not be going through the eye.the washer will stop that spring from going through its white in color. and about 1/4 " thick and one side is rounded look for it .

Last edited:
Install order on the arm is - spring, flat washer, tapered nylon washer which fits into the taper on the bracket.

20180703_223938.jpg

I ordered it and installed it. It seems like it rigged in fine. One question though, I had a piece on the floor....see picture. Is it true that this piece is not utilized anymore?
C7D4A001-4016-40C5-B641-459416166FF0.jpeg

No, it was on the ground after I took the linkage apart. I actually purchased the spring and new bushing from Gbodys.com like stated above. I have it back together and all seems to work well, so I'm thinking it isn't utilized.

OK looks like ur using a different shifter cable with the threaded rod set-up. The factory cable in uses that piece.

Attachments

• 20141219_140655.jpg
    20141219_140655.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 35
quicksilver-018-jpg.102034

Did you weld the two pieces together? Makes things more secure. This was from my Quicksilver shifter installation.

I didn’t weld it. I just used the bolt to clamp it together. I probably should I suppose for extra security. Makes sense

Looks like u put that piece on first, that put the factory bracket last. Well as long as it works, it's will good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back