You can type here any text you want

Need some help identifying the exhaust wheel on a TA-66 turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I bought a freshly rebuilt TA-66 P trim from NCturbos a few months back. When I bought the turbo I planned to run it in a local race class that required a stock appearing turbo so I bought a Garrett housing from Bison to replace the PTE housing on the turbo. I went to put the Garrett housing on the turbo but it did not fit so I thinking the turbo might be a Q trim wheel instead of a P trim. The PTE housing from the turbo measures 79.25mm and the Garrett housing 74.94. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Steve if that is the same one he had for sale a while back - it was a Q trim..... post photos of the exhaust turbine.... it is pretty easy to tell a Q from a P.

aaron

From something Bison posted before:
Stock, P and GTQ trim wheels
turbines1.JPG
turbines2.JPG

EDIT: the Q is a GTQ

Thanks for the replies. Below is a pic of the exhaust wheel. When I contacted NCturbos about the TA-66 he had two, a Q trim and a P trim. I wanted the P trim but if it turns out to be a Q trim I am sure it was an honest mistake. If it turns out to be a Q trim I almost made the same mistake and sold the turbo as a P trim!

photo_zps879a7556.jpg

Based on the pics posted by TType 85 it does look like a P trim. The Q trim looks to have 10 blades while the P trim has 11 and the exhaust wheel on the turbo I have has 11 also.

The outlet of the .63 Garret P trim housing I have is 65mm. There isn't any more room to really port it any further than the P-Trim. The Q in the picture is GTQ, I went back and looked at the pm from Bison.

Thanks for the replies. Below is a pic of the exhaust wheel. When I contacted NCturbos about the TA-66 he had two, a Q trim and a P trim. I wanted the P trim but if it turns out to be a Q trim I am sure it was an honest mistake. If it turns out to be a Q trim I almost made the same mistake and sold the turbo as a P trim!

photo_zps879a7556.jpg
That looks like the Q wheel you have, the other wheel above is a GTQ they are two different wheels.

Back