You can type here any text you want

Need Tip's on Tuning!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twstdv6

I failed emission's badly! I just wanted to know what should I exactly be looking for when tuning? Should the boost be turned down as well as the fuel pressure when doing emission's? Also, I have never set my IAC I hope I can dial it in with everything set as it 's suppose to be. I thought I had it dialed in and the results were shocking. these car are way more technical than I estimated and will be needing a helping hand and advice. I will be tuning with a Snap-on 2500 and the GEN 2 Translator, which I monitor the sensors also.

HC 4.0901 limit 3.0000 and CO 54.5688 limit 20.0000 Fail, Fail,

FP @ 43
TPS @ 44, Gen 2 say's 42, Snap-On say's 44
BLM's like 121-125 at idle, only way I know to get them right is lower the FP.
BLM's are right at 128 during driving, under acceleration they drop lower and fluctuate.
O2 sensor is in range.
HZ in @ 37
HZ out @ 2350
SPRK @ 15
AFL in @ 3-5

Are those idle numbers? Was your chip set for open loop idle? What is HZ (something to do with the translator maf function; if so, ignore it)? The blm's are more than close enough but I think you are way rich most likely from an open loop idle. If not, we need more details.

Got a good cat converter?? Also, you might want to find somebody that can burn you a good smog chip based on the stock profile, but setup for your injectors. The reason I say that is because the Extenders have the EGR disabled (need the extra space for programming features), so without EGR you're going to run a little dirtier.

I always had good luck in Kalifornia getting smogged by just re burning a stock profile setup for my 50# injectors. You don't need anyghing fancy just for smogging.

Back