Needing an Ignition module and coil or cd converter options?

Rovinfool

edit: sorry forgot to mention year and stuff
1984 T-type

Can anyone post or send me some part numbers and brands for what is available for the ignition module and coils. I have not been able to find an ignition module. I have found a few coil options, but have heard to change both out at same time and try to find an ignition kit with both together?

I know MSD made some cd conversion kits for the 86/87. Will these work on the 84? Is there anyone who makes one for the 84?

I wont have the car for probably another month but, would like to have everything ready when I get it.

The guy I am buying car off of said after a few months of owning the car he began have some problems with the module. He said he thinks its the module because he could tap the module a few times and it would be fine for awhile till eventually the tapping didn't work either. We live in a smaller town and he gave up trying to find a replacement module about a year ago. The car has a new low mile engine, new turbo 350 transmition, rebuilt turbo, great interior (needs alot of cleaning its pretty dusty from sitting a year, a lil faded in the back but no rips, tears, or burns) no rust on body but could use a fresh white paint job. The wheels were stolen off the car so needs some new wheels as well. He owns a transmition shop behind the O'Reilly's I am working at. He has also offered to help me get her up and going again by helping me drop the fuel tank and help me change out all the old lines and hoses as well as take the price of the ignition parts off the final price of the car which we agreed to $2500. Figured for that price, I could use the power of the almighty forums to help me find the parts (lol he is not very...computer friendly). If it turns out only being the module like he thinks, thats a pretty good steal I think.

Time to dump the 84/85 ignition coil module. Upgrade to the 86/87 which is listed in the Sticky. Brad

you can also upgrade to the later setups that use 3 separate coils instead of one big one.
you get an adapter harnes (from Casper's?), and the mounting plate, module, and coils off pretty much any 3.8 made in the 90's. junkyards should be full of these things.
MSD makes hotter coils for these applications.

agree 100% with both above statements, cant go wrong either way but I would get the FWD (3coil) packs convert, so if ever one fails,you only replace one coil instead of the whole thing. Which they also sell HO coils for Fwd cars, summit, MSD , accel .

Pick one and be done with it.

Ok let me make sure I got this straight. For the type II setup I will need the following..

102086 CCCI Adapter

10469468 Delco Adapter Plate
10456478 Delco Ignition Module
10472401 Delco Coils x 3

Do I need to mess with the "pink wire" on this setup?
Do I still need to get 108016 CCCI SPLICE? or do I need the 102087 - 86-89 CCCI Hotwire Kit & 108016 CCCI SPLICE with the 3 coil setup as well? On the Caspers instructions for the 102086 it shows just using the adapter and plug and play. So not sure if that is the only way or if I can use the Hotwire and Splice setup for the crank sensors ect.. or does it matter?

Ok let me make sure I got this straight. For the type II setup I will need the following..

102086 CCCI Adapter

10472401 Delco Coils x 3

Do I still need to get 108016 CCCI SPLICE? or do I need the 102087 - 86-89 CCCI Hotwire Kit & 108016 CCCI SPLICE with the 3 coil setup as well? On the Caspers instructions for the 102086 it shows just using the adapter and plug and play. So not sure if that is the only way or if I can use the Hotwire and Splice setup for the crank sensors ect.. or does it matter?

I didnt use the adapter plate on mine, I just drilled the holes in my factory mount, and repined all my wires, theres a pin configuration somewhere but I cant find it, sure somebody will chime in here

102086 CCCI Adapter

10472401 Delco Coils x 3

I would get 102084. This way you don't have to screw around with the pink wire. Also, 102086, 108016, and 102087 are not needed. My opinion. Brad

Ok ordered the 102084. Going to try and get the rest from work so I can employee pricing lol.