new Areomotive 340 pump install fuel pressure to high fix LOOK HERE

smoke20

Installed this this pump in my wife's GN, Has a hot wire kit fuel and E85 pressure went form a base of 42 to 62 (NEW ACCUFAB REGULATOR). I backed adjustment screw all the way out still stayed at 62 Found return line is WAY to small. So this is my fix to help people out I am doing it as we speak will take pictures and post.

First took regulator off car and apart

2nd tool all return ports and drilled out to 9/32

3 got a 1/4 pipe to 6an 90 degree fitting and weld it to the bottom if regulator

this should be 3rd remove steel sleave in bottom of regulator

5th add 6an stright female fitting with 6an hose to regulator

6th install on car and route hose to fuel tank

7th remove tank and weld 6an fitting to top of fuel tank and install hose and reinstall tank

8 start car look for leaks and adjust puel pressure

If you need your regulator modded send pm I will do it for 30.00 with fitting shipping extra

DSC_1472.jpg

DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

DSC_1475.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

DSC_1478.jpg

DSC_1477.jpg

did you put a piece of hose on the inside of the tank for the return line? This is necessary to prevent fuel aeration when the tank is less than half full (personal experience talking here...)

I believe there is enough room on the hanger to install a 90 degree bulkhead fitting, which might be preferable to welding on the tank.

There are fittings that fit the bottom of the regulator that will work for -6 line.

It sounds like you bypassed the entire factory return line all the way to the tank.

This is a good step forward for getting these new hotrod fuel pumps under control.

Bob

did you put a piece of hose on the inside of the tank for the return line? This is necessary to prevent fuel aeration when the tank is less than half full (personal experience talking here...)

I believe there is enough room on the hanger to install a 90 degree bulkhead fitting, which might be preferable to welding on the tank.

There are fittings that fit the bottom of the regulator that will work for -6 line.

It sounds like you bypassed the entire factory return line all the way to the tank.

This is a good step forward for getting these new hotrod fuel pumps under control.

Bob

i made a return to go 3/4 down in the tank and as for your fuel aeration I disagree I have went 7's in the 1/4 mile on E85 with a fitting welded just to my fuel cell on top

Installing a fitting will not help, regulator inside is still less than 1/4 inch in DIA. causing to much back pressure

Looks good:biggrin:.Thinken about getting this pump this summer.So you ran 6an hose right to the tank any pic of that?

Looks good:biggrin:.Thinken about getting this pump this summer.So you ran 6an hose right to the tank any pic of that?

Have not done that part yet (used a gas can to get out the e98). Working on a lotus header :mad:. slinger to green bay about 90 min if you want I can give you a hand. I have to hoist at home and any tool needed to man:biggrin:..

Great.Post some pics when you get further.Good luck with the lotus header today!!!:cool: to cold to do anything else carwise today:(

i hv acufab regulator and my pressure is reading over 100 pds. , do u think da regulator is causing da problem

Very good information, thanks for sharing.
In the past I have run a new feed line and used
the stock feed line as a return.
I had a fitting on the non modified regulator with
a -6 going to the frame where the stock feed comes out.
You cut the fitting off the stock feed and slip it over and clamp it.
Of course you could run another fitting if you like.

Sorry for the thread-hijack