New bone stock base-line dyno #'s on my '09 Cad CTS-V:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
OK, I had a bone stock re-dyno done yesterdayday for a new baseline at Church Automotive Testing in Wilmington, CA. They did 4 pulls, the 1st one being the best, (before any heat soak set in), 521.6 RAHP, 536.2 RATQ, 8.50 PSI boost, AFR about 14.6 at 2400 RPM, began dropping down at about 2800 RPM to about 11.7 or so and then dropping down to about 11.3? Next pull definitely pulled out timing and dropped to about 502 or so RAHP and corresponding RATQ, and then 2 more pulls of about 510 & 512 RAHP both giving me an overall average of about 510 RAHP and about 531.2 RATQ. Shawn advised that the increase on RAHP & RATQ was probably due to motor breaking in. I am at about 2300 miles on it now. Dyno was a Dynopack. This was on crappy Kali 91 octane UL. Going in the tank soon is 100 octane UL and then a re-dyno after about a month of running 100 octane UL. I will report my results. My last dyno at Church on 10-16-2009 at about 1000 miles was 498.1 RAHP & 514.9 RATQ.

A friend in Phoenix does custom exhaust work for CTS-V's from all over the country, he will wake that thing up.

Wow, those are good numbers........... Got your pace maker tuned up:D

How much power will a pulley and tune add and what's the cost?
Brett:
A lower 9.5" pulley is about $1050-$1150, but can go up as high as $1850 if you want a real pretty one, (seriously), a tune is about $425 from a good tune shop using either EFI or HP Tuners, and a CAI is about $300, depending upon whose kit you buy. Should bring about 70-80 RWHP & / or RWTQ depending upon whether it is a A6 or a M6 tranny and depending upon what type of dyno does the dyno pulls. There is about a 34 RWHP difference between a manual (M6) and an auto (A6), and about a 25 RWTQ difference between the A6 & the M6. The manual has better or higher #'s on both HP & TQ. Those #'s & differences are based on averages I calculated off of readings from different Dynojet dynos through out the country, and even 1 over in UAE. Still, I believe them to be somewhere close. I only have a few manual trannys to gather a sample from though, too. and that could hurt the #'s.

A friend in Phoenix does custom exhaust work for CTS-V's from all over the country, he will wake that thing up.
I don't know your friend, but I suspect that I know of your friend. You're referring to KPE correct. Not to be disagreeable nor contrary, Krom, but the most common headers and exhaust systems for these cars are Kooks and AR, I believe. The Corsa exhaust is just way too loud on these cars, even the street one. Not to mention pricey. Can you say about $1400 list for just 2 mufflers? The local and global smog gestapo are a problem out here, too. Not to mention warranty implications for most modifications, but definitely any tune or mods to the ECM and / or TCM.
Although I do appreciate the info, Krom. If that is a company called KPE, they make quite a bit of aftermarket stuff for the Cad, and are a supporting supplier on CadillacForums.Com.

Wow!

Very impressive numbers. Did they give you a print out of the pulls? I'd love to see the power curve of that thing. I'll bet that beast puts out more HP and TQ at idle, then many "performance cars do at 6k.:D

Congrats.

Mike Barnard

Is this still a turbo buick forum?

:D

Good numbers Gary. What mods are you planning?

Gary
Very very impressive Gary. But, the one BIG question is.....Is it faster than the Turbo Buick?:p

Really though, I've been in in the market for a Pontiac G8 for a while now. However after seeing you dyno results for the CTS-V, I'm thinking otherwise. :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

I don't know your friend, but I suspect that I know of your friend. You're referring to KPE correct. Not to be disagreeable nor contrary, Krom, but the most common headers and exhaust systems for these cars are Kooks and AR, I believe. The Corsa exhaust is just way too loud on these cars, even the street one. Not to mention pricey. Can you say about $1400 list for just 2 mufflers? The local and global smog gestapo are a problem out here, too. Not to mention warranty implications for most modifications, but definitely any tune or mods to the ECM and / or TCM.
Although I do appreciate the info, Krom. If that is a company called KPE, they make quite a bit of aftermarket stuff for the Cad, and are a supporting supplier on CadillacForums.Com.

No not him, he custom builds for local Cadillac dealer customers and does big $$$$ Mercedes cars. He built me an intercooler setup for my old Kenne Bell 5.0. He builds exhausts as loud or a quiet as you like.

Very impressive numbers. Did they give you a print out of the pulls? I'd love to see the power curve of that thing. I'll bet that beast puts out more HP and TQ at idle, then many "performance cars do at 6k.:D

Congrats.

Mike Barnard
Thanks, Mike. I've got printouts & will bring them by when we get together next time. It doesn't look all that to me, and keep in mind that this is a Dynapack dyno, the kind that take readings off of the axles without the rims and tires. The general consensus is that these dynos read about 7% higher than a Dynojet type of dyno. I am planning on having a Dynojet dyno done at Superior this week to serve as a back-up dyno for data to determine if there was a definite increase running 100 octane ULas compared to 91 crap.

Is this still a turbo buick forum?
Good numbers Gary. What mods are you planning?
Thanks, Frank, I am really not too sure yet. For about 11K & a trip to indiana, I can lay down slightly under 700 RWHP, maybe a tad more than that. Rightnow, it remains still bone stock.

Gary
Very very impressive Gary. But, the one BIG question is.....Is it faster than the Turbo Buick?:p

Really though, I've been in in the market for a Pontiac G8 for a while now. However after seeing you dyno results for the CTS-V, I'm thinking otherwise. :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

So far, the fastest bone stock 1/4 mile run is 11.99 on Cad forum. No slicks, street tires.
Faster than the turbo Buick, but i've got a big heart, and I love them both and have no plans of getting rid of either one.
The Poncho V8 is no match for the Caddy. These Caddys run 12.1 to 12.6, bone stock right off of the showroom floor depending upon whose magazine article you read. I am not going to downgrade the poncho V8, but it is no match for the '09 & up CTS-V's. Besides, the Caddy does what it does in style.

No not him, he custom builds for local Cadillac dealer customers and does big $$$$ Mercedes cars. He built me an intercooler setup for my old Kenne Bell 5.0. He builds exhausts as loud or a quiet as you like.

OK, thanks, Krom, I will keep that in mind. I know that there are a couple of these running around the Phoenix area. There's a mech at the local Phoenix dealership that is very good on these cars. His name is Mark. Used to work for PSR in Phoenix.

So far, the fastest bone stock 1/4 mile run is 11.99. No slicks, street tires.
Faster than the turbo Buick, but i've got a big heart, and I love them both and have no plans of getting rid of either one.

None the less, 11.99 on street tires is still a very respectable time in my eyes. I just did about 30 minutes or so of searching, not to many around my general area. The ones that are close, dealers are asking 50K plus. I'll wait a couple years, I do have the patience... Oh yeah, ah not to mention, the wife wouldn't go for it anyhow:mad:

Glad your having fun with it, keep us posted.

Ray