NEW BUILD NO OIL PRESSURE :eek:

crusacargen

i just recently rebuilt my engine. i put new gaskets but I'm not getting any oil pressure. I spun the oil pump with a drill but still there is no oil pressure. when I removed the pickup tube the gasket ripped so I rtv'd it cud b the problem? I changed the oil pump and housing twice and still no luck. I looked at the lubrication of the system but I'm out of ideas. Please any ideas or thots would b helpful

spin the rotating assembly a few times while using the drill to prime the system

You need to pack the pump gears with vaseline. Then spin your pump:wink:

I forgot this method, I will try this and see what happens, if not i will try to hook up a vacuum line to c if it is the pump thats causing this whole mishap. Just an idea might work.

Did you take out your oil galley plugs when you were rebuilding and forgot to put them back in? Just a thought.

no I didn't remove the oil galley plugs this time around so that shouldn't be a problem but I see your point. Ok I will proceed with the oil packing and reverse drill method. If not I will let you guys know. I injured my knee so I won't be able to work on it for a while. Thanks guys

Id replace the pickup gasket if it tore. RTV is not a good idea on that gasket. Id use some blue loctite on the bolts. Then use the petroleum jelly in the gears

YES, the drill needs to turn the drive shaft in a CLOCKWISE rotation looking down on it. (NORMAL rotation NOT reverse!)

YES, the drill needs to turn the drive shaft in a CLOCKWISE rotation looking down on it. (NORMAL rotation NOT reverse!)

Thats what I have always done but I read posts about drill in reverse? Maybe when you backfeed the oil lines? Never tried that way myself so I have no idea?

no I didn't remove the oil galley plugs this time around so that shouldn't be a problem but I see your point. Ok I will proceed with the oil packing and reverse drill method. If not I will let you guys know. I injured my knee so I won't be able to work on it for a while. Thanks guys
i had the same problem, i filled the oil filter up and spun the drill in reverse that gets oil to the gears then spin in normal rotation it primes right up after i did that, good luck