You can type here any text you want

New CK Street/Strip VB and Billet Servo now no 2nd Gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
I just installed a street/strip valve body kit and billet servo from Chris at CK Performance. I had 2nd gear before, but now second will kind of grab with low throttle, but absolutely nothing with any power. All of the other shifts seem way better than before.

I will call Chris on Monday if needed, but I will be dwelling on this all weekend.

Hope you may have some answers.

Thanks, Cory

1987 Grand National
Completely stock motor
CK Performance Valve body and Billet Servo.

I bet the servo pin has slipped out of the band. Pull it back out get a mirror and have a look. You can also stick a screw driver and feel for it when the servo is out.

How would I get it back in? Is there a procedure list anywhere?

Not that I know of,use the screw drive method to feel the lug on the band. Then insert servo pin.

Well, pulled the servo out, seemed to have the pin in correctly. Reassembled with the same problem.

Read some posts that it could possibly be the TV cable out of adjustment, no luck.

Thought just for fun I would try the stock servo(not the GN servo, stock olds 307 motor, tranny servo) now shifts into 2nd better than before the VB upgrade.

Read another post about a guy who needed a longer servo pin with the billet servo. Could this be the issue?

make sure the seals on the servo piston are on correctly and not cut.

Bob

I'm having a similar problem. Had the tranny done and drove great but second gear started to get weaker and now it Shifts in 2nd at part Throttle but at wot It bangs back and forth in first and second. I can push on the servo cover with 1 finger. My friends servo You need 2 people to push it in

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

I'm having a similar problem. Had the tranny done and drove great but second gear started to get weaker and now it Shifts in 2nd at part Throttle but at wot It bangs back and forth in first and second. I can push on the servo cover with 1 finger. My friends servo You need 2 people to push it in

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick
Could be a different spring setup causing the difference.

Read another post about a guy who needed a longer servo pin with the billet servo. Could this be the issue?

Did you check the clearance when you installed the new servo?
Push in on the cover you should have .06-.09 travel, if you have a bunch more you need a longer pin.

Too much play in the servo shaft, added another steel shim between the spring and servo. Works much better, 2ng gear band probably worn too much. This was kind of a bandaid to make the trans last a little longer.

Back