New combo, what to expect?

Whipplecharged

Just finished the new setup in a buddy's car and looking for some opinions. were putting a few street miles on it now before ordering a new chip/injector combo and possibly a turbo.

Here's the list:
109 block
center billet caps
main studs
stock crank
stock rods (bushed for floating pins)
.030" diamond pistons
head studs
cometics
212/212 flat tappet (yeah, i know :rolleyes: )
stock rockers
champion GN1's
stock intake
rjc power plate
precision plenum
accufab tb
ta performance headers
te-60 turbo (i think, gotta pull the housing and measure)
rjc front mount ic
3" thdp
atr pitbull crossflow exhaust
3000-3200 vigilante converter
built trans
stock rear

got a TT street chip and a set of 60's for it finally. waiting on the et street radials to show up now. started adjusting the wastegate the other night to get the boost back where it's supposed to be and it woke the hell up around 15 pounds. anybody got any guesses on what it will do on straight 93 gas? looking for 10.99 or :eek:

Not sure you can make 10.9 power at pump gas boost levels with that turbo.
You may want to consider alky or a turbo upgrade.

To be honest.....

got a TT street chip and a set of 60's for it finally. waiting on the et street radials to show up now. started adjusting the wastegate the other night to get the boost back where it's supposed to be and it woke the hell up around 15 pounds. anybody got any guesses on what it will do on straight 93 gas? looking for 10.99 or :eek:

On straight 93 with that turbo, I doubt you make it to the 11's at all.
Add Razors alky or set the car up for E-85 and put a bigger (Billet wheel if possible) turbo on it!

On straight 93 with that turbo, I doubt you make it to the 11's at all.
Add Razors alky or set the car up for E-85 and put a bigger (Billet wheel if possible) turbo on it!

+1

Straight 93...... your in the 12's..... however if you can't get it to cut a decent 60'...... 13's......

Alky and pump gas..... a good tuneup...... and some good 60' times....... low 11's.

16 psi and a good tune and traction i would guess 12.20's put a roller cam in then i would say high 11's

I ran 11.64 with a TE-60 on a stock unopend engine with 27 psi with a 3200 art car lu/converter with small 26 inch tall 275/50's ... should run low 11's with traction easy

finally got the et radials on and played with it alittle the other night. had the gtech with me and made a few passes, went two 12.0's in a row with a 1.99 and a 1.98 60ft leaving with 0psi. had 2 people in the car with a full tank of straight 93 pump gas and only running 15-16 pounds of boost. i have no doubt this car will easily go mid 11's on STRAIGHT 93 with alittle tweaking. i will definately post up the results when it goes to the track, maybe i can even get that 10.99 i've been searching for :D

got a tt street chip and a set of 60's for it finally. Waiting on the et street radials to show up now. Started adjusting the wastegate the other night to get the boost back where it's supposed to be and it woke the hell up around 15 pounds. Anybody got any guesses on what it will do on straight 93 gas? Looking for 10.99 or :eek:
You wont be running 10's without some good gas if you dont have alky injection.

low 12s on 93 no alky.

Push the TE60 hard (28+ psi) and let us know what it runs.

low 12s on 93 no alky.

Push the TE60 hard (28+ psi) and let us know what it runs.

I would not push it hard (28+ psi) on 93 with no alky unless you want to change your head gaskets out in the parking lot (best case scenorio)