"NEW" Hidden Tach Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this 'NEW' bracket be the same one (minus dimension 'C') that 'Mean Scott' published free plans for on gnttype.org eons ago ? Just curious.... perhaps credit may be due? :confused:

here: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/panel.jpg

Gosh! Guess I hit a nerve with that post, judging from the hateful comments and pm I received. I must have been mistaken, I thought this forum was intended as an information exchange..... I must be in the wrong venue, my bad :confused:. Or, maybe I just posted in the wrong thread... maybe I should have titled a new thread something to the effect of 'Free alternative to Scot W's tach bracket' or such...:rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, that bracket is the same as the one on gnttype, with a few dimensions altered slightly. If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected. FWIW, I would probably purchase the $20 GNS bracket before I went to the trouble of fabbing one myself..... I just pointed out a free alternative, albeit maybe in the wrong place.... live and learn... :frown:

I bet there were a LOT of brackets from "back in the day" ! I made 1 in 86 that was hidden also.. made em for every Buick I have owned (a LOT) .. So what is the problem with someone making one for sale ?? :confused:

+1

At $20 bucks a pop what do you want:confused::rolleyes:

Gosh! Guess I hit a nerve with that post, judging from the hateful comments and pm I received. I must have been mistaken, I thought this forum was intended as an information exchange..... I must be in the wrong venue, my bad :confused:. Or, maybe I just posted in the wrong thread... maybe I should have titled a new thread something to the effect of 'Free alternative to Scot W's tach bracket' or such...:rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, that bracket is the same as the one on gnttype, with a few dimensions altered slightly. If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected. FWIW, I would probably purchase the $20 GNS bracket before I went to the trouble of fabbing one myself..... I just pointed out a free alternative, albeit maybe in the wrong place.... live and learn... :frown:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the two brackets aren't even close to being even similar, except that they mount tachs.

Take a closer look! :mad:

There wasn't anything "helpfull" about your post, the insinuation was pretty obvious.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the two brackets aren't even close to being even similar, except that they mount tachs.

Take a closer look! :mad:

There wasn't anything "helpfull" about your post, the insinuation was pretty obvious.

That was my point as well Dave....

Status
Not open for further replies.