You can type here any text you want

New "King" of Performance Trucks...

• Thread starter Thread starter dconnor
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I personally think he should continue with his education because he makes everyone else smarter. If he's real smart he will learn how to count and be able to count how many times he has used that word..LOL..

So back to the books Mr. Ugly, keep studying but don't take too long, your mother wants to use her computer..;)

ks

Originally posted by uglyvaliant
I'm glad your proud. It's another good deed by me I guess;)

I'm just calling you what you are. The question is, if not "neanderthalic crieghton", then what should I call you? I call a horse a "dad" and a dog "mom", so is this another concept that is beyond you? :confused:

YEP!:cool:

ks

*sigh*

When you can't find factual points to argue fall, on the "learn to spell" argument.

That's lame. Every board understands that many individuals may be posting from work (likewise here) and that absolute thoroughness isn't always applied to proof-reading a post before submitting it...and in my case no time at all is administered. Proof-reading would be a luxury to catch my typographical errors, as I do not quite posses the skill of a transciptionist or even a secretary when it comes to keyboarding (but appearently you do...hmmm...) nor does my job require it (I dictate)

regardless...can you not figure out what I am saying? If you ever do and can find a reasoned arguement to offer as a counterpoint, then I welcome it. However, you will not catch me holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Stick to cars. If not then please find imaspellingBdork.com and post till your heart's content.

I just figured who this guy is. The posting from work comment gave it away. He's the guy working the drivethrough on the commercials. Wishing he had a hemi. LOL Hey man, you need to get off the computer in the office and get your butt back to the drivethrough. Stop dreaming about hemi's and check on those frickin fries before they burn.

My comment has nothing to do with the posted video.

With that said, a firend of mine went to Detriot and got to drive an SRT-4, SRT-10, and a Ram SRT-10 against the PVO crew (they guys that made these vehicles). He placed 2nd in an SCCA type timed race a Viper regional gathering, and that was his prize.

When he drove the Ram SRT-10 he was within a second of his fastest time on a road course. Not bad for a truck, I don't think. I'm sure when the aftermarket catches up with them, they will be making horsepower numbers similar to what Vipers can put down.

Also "lightly" modded lightnings don't run mid 12's....lightly modded ones that include pulley swaps and other simple stuff generally run low 13's, trapping in the 104 range...

Oh joy, another magazine quoting boyracer know it all here to edu-ma-cate the ignernt masses.... :rolleyes: The Proff here is a perfect example of the internet equivilant of Cliff Claven. :)

Dunno what part of fantasy land you're racing in but around these parts bone stock Lightnings run 13.5 ~ 13.3's @ 101~102 mph with your average driver & I know of several that have gone 13teens with experienced/good drivers BONE STOCK. Lightly modded ones (like mine: 2001 w/ a 2lb pulley, Accel Kool Blue filter in the stock airbox, Nitto DR's & Lakewood slappers) run 13teens to 12.8's @ 105~106 mph.

This post WAS about a typical Lightning laying the whoop down on the supposedly new King of performance trucks (dubbed by several different magazines & encouraged by Dodge) BEFORE they bothered to do some actual heads up testing. The Lightning crowd has of course gotten pretty fired up about this & have been looking forward to some REAL WORLD tests of this theory.

Doug C.

Originally posted by uglyvaliant
So then what's your problem with the truck again? Too much power?

my problem with the truck is that its being dubbed "KING" of performance trucks just because it has a silly viper motor in it.

well, i read most of that board the other day, and was not impressed with anything i read there about the trucks.
run 13s for 50,000 bucks :rolleyes:

my point is that someone there was saying that "if and when" they put the spray on the dodge truck, then the lightning boys better look out...
im sorry, but thats rediculous to spend all that money on a truck and put nitrous on it because its really not the "KING"

as of right now, IMO the ford lightning is the one to go with because they PROVE to be faster right off the showroom shelf-

and im a DODGE GUY!!!

give me a atlantic blue 2003 short bed short cab with a cummins in it, and it would be easier to make go faster than the VIPER TRUCK dollar for dollar.

still not impressed with high 13s in that video:rolleyes:

The lightenings are faster because as soon as they approach a 13-14 second run both bumpers fall off making it much lighter!

Back