You can type here any text you want

New Laptop DFI Issues ..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sean94Z

I got a new IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop recently. I have 2 issues.

1 - I have no serial port. I have the Keyspan USB - Serial Adapter which works perfectly fine on my IBM/LENOVO Thinkpad T43 laptop. On the new laptop though, it refuses to work. I have Windows XP Pro on both. It just keeps coming up with communication errors. Any ideas?

2 - I have no parallel port and I have a parallel key for my DFI. I called DFI, they said I was basically up a creek. I need to buy a new USB key. Anyone know of a way around this? I asked about the USB Parallel adapter, but Mike at DFI said they don't work correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, anyone know of any good dealers for DFI? I used to deal with Mac as Fast Track, but he sold the business.

Buy a docking station and it should have all the ports on it. Extreme automatics (lonnie) is good dealer.

Yeah, I thought about taking my dock with me, I Have one at my office, but that's a huge hassle.. Probably would be cheaper to buy an old laptop at a pawn shop that has both :)

Yeah, I thought about taking my dock with me, I Have one at my office, but that's a huge hassle.. Probably would be cheaper to buy an old laptop at a pawn shop that has both :)

Make sure it's at least a Pentium 2 with decent memory (if you are using Gen7). My PII chugs sometimes when the DFI software loads up.

I thought only this kinda crap happens to me! I had the same problem! I had adapters for adapters what a mess! Go to a pawn shop and get an old p.o.s. Thats what I did!

Anyone try the Accel USB cable? I saw they have one that is integrated with a key in their catalog. It's $200 for a pro key and the cable.

The docking stations are $9 on ebay, i would try that first, its not that much of a hassle You can get a mini dock thats smaller its called a port replicator.

Back