New personal best - Gabby Rojas PBIR

Yes, the car has a roll bar, radio, A/C still there too. He is in Florida and it is a street car. I talk to him on a regular basis and he drives the car to the 1/8th mile track near him at least twice a month, sometimes more. Plenty of blasts on that car. 8 head studs, girdle on the block and he assembled it. Transmission also which is an overdrive without the bullet drum. Any lightweight parts you see can be offset by something else and Gabby himself is over 230lbs easy. Also this is a first gen billet 71 Gtq. Not the new cea 71 hpq you see the TSM cars using. Brian" phone guy" is correct. It's the tuning skill, not just the combination of parts. Most of us have better or more expensive builds than him and are still slower. I am included in that bunch, however I have picked up a whole second taking his advice and will gain more this spring from some more tips, testing, and tuning.He reads the board but won't post because he does not want to deal with the negagativity displayed on the board at times. For example, the myths on e-85, the frowning on builds with a stock crank, the mentality that "chip" cars aren't safe/fast. He was going 5.9x on ported irons and race fuel years ago. Gabby says he's feels the car has more left in it. I believe it does so stay tuned...

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I rubs me the wrong way when people make assumptions than lean towards implicating someone is taking the "easy way out".

Thanks for the detailed build of this car..There are 2 types of car builds. One is a street car and the other is a full/all out race car. IMO, neither build is the "easy way out" and hard to accomplish the ET times listed. I agree with most everything you stated including the negativity that can be on this or any board. There are many opinions and experiences whatever the subject may be. Looking forward to his future progress!!!

Staying the course is the hardest. Every tenth comes at a premium. The faster the car is, the harder to get that extra tenth.

8's are way possible with a stock ecm. When you have your injector duty cycle figured out, and have your timing.. the rest is suspension and boost control. Not saying that to me it would be easier using an aftermarket DFI.. but non the less its whatever your comfortable with. Just think.. if the 60 was in the high 1.2's.. that would be another couple of tenths at the current power level.

Great job.. takes some stones to crank the boost up. Its not the crank, but the block o_O

Staying the course is the hardest. Every tenth comes at a premium. The faster the car is, the harder to get that extra tenth.

Usually the more expensive the tenth is the fast you go to!

Seat time and testing are the key in this story. Both, Gabby has plenty of.

V8killR4U said:
Maybe I missed it but what's the fuel system consist of? Stock lines....?

The car currently does not have stock lines for the e85, however it did go 9.9's with them a while back. Thanks for all the comments and supports guys.

The car currently does not have stock lines for the e85, however it did go 9.9's with them a while back. Thanks for all the comments and supports guys.

What is the fuel setup unless its a secret... what size lines and fuel pump. Im sure a lot are curious for their E85 set ups...

V8killR4U said:
What is the fuel setup unless its a secret... what size lines and fuel pump. Im sure a lot are curious for their E85 set ups...

Fuel setup consists of pumps, filters, feed line, return line, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Same setups for cars using regular gas, ethanol, or race gas.

Fuel setup consists of pumps, filters, feed line, return line, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Same setups for cars using regular gas, ethanol, or race gas.
LMAO! I knew what it was but I forgot the details. Someone Buy the car...he will sell it.

You forgot about the flex capacitor. Of course you gotta pay for that info. Lol

There was a track rental yesterday at the nearest 1/4 mile track (pbir) and he ran the fastest so far with hot weather.

For those that don't know the mods on the car-
- 109 (stock crank)
- champion aluminum heads
-precision 71 billet (38psi)
- e85 with stock ECM
- no n2o on any passes
stock balancer?or a sfi approved(bhj,ta)dampner?

This was a 1/8th pass recently...

It's consistently running the 5.9's on the ethanol. Last time the car was running 5.9's was with the iron heads and cam I have in my car now plus a Lil juice shot.

Attachments

• image-2572993812.jpg
    image-2572993812.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 156