You can type here any text you want

New short block going in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Allot of you guy's prolly remember a couple years ago when I cracked my block. I was able to save the internals. Crank, pistons, cam etc. I acquired another block from a friendly board member and had it built with my internals.

Got the shortblock back last week. Working on the assembly now.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 791
Looks good Rick, what are your plans with the build this year?

Plan is to get it in the car and make it run asap! ;)

Not much is going to change. I would like to downsize my turbo a little. Make it a little more fun on the street.

If all goes well I plan to drop it in Saturday night and get it running Sunday.

. Make it a little more fun on the street.

If that's even possible. :D

I tried working on my car this last weeked, but it was a no-go. Back is still tweaked and 15 min of leaning under the hood did me in for the rest of the weekend. :mad:

If that's even possible. :D

I tried working on my car this last weeked, but it was a no-go. Back is still tweaked and 15 min of leaning under the hood did me in for the rest of the weekend. :mad:

The back'll get ya.

My legs slow me down. :(

Worked on the motor last night. Put in the pushrods, adjusted lash, installed intake and plenum and a few other little things.

Here are a few more pics. :

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 644
Is the -AN fitting coming out of the valve cover so you can plumb the vent to a catch can? Or is there some other purpose?:confused:

She is looking very very nice! What Turbo are you looking a bb 6265 may be a monster for your car. Give Patrick a call at Precision.

Looking good Rick! I'm jealous of those ANS valve covers. Those are old school cool!

Plan is to get it in the car and make it run asap! ;)

Not much is going to change. I would like to downsize my turbo a little. Make it a little more fun on the street.

If all goes well I plan to drop it in Saturday night and get it running Sunday.

I think a 6265 would be downsizing for Rick

I read somewhere that may be what he is looking to do. :cool:

Looks good!! Lil heads up, i just replaced my motor to,(actual 3 times in 3 years, but long story)on first fire this finail time i found my turbo drain tube had crack! it poured oil.your looks dented, They make a nice braid steel hose replacement tube that works an looks Great!

Enjoy!

Back