You can type here any text you want

New short block going in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice motor

Worked on the motor last night. Put in the pushrods, adjusted lash, installed intake and plenum and a few other little things.

Here are a few more pics. :

Just a little advice,that 70mm throttle body i would change the screw's in the throttle plate, they tend to crack off on the head side, that would suck if that happen on that killer motor.

Alrighty,

Dropped the motor with trans in last night. Did all the hook up today. Started right up and idled like a Cadillac. :cool: Went for a couple rides. Got a couple heat cycles one her now. Runs smooth. I'm happy. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 382
Alrighty,

Dropped the motor with trans in last night. Did all the hook up today. Started right up and idled like a Cadillac. :cool: Went for a couple rides. Got a couple heat cycles one her now. Runs smooth. I'm happy. :biggrin:

Wow Rick.... looks GREAT! what vehicle did you get the hydroboost off of? or did you get a kit?

aaron

Very impressive!!! You went from an assembled short block to a running car in three days all while taking the time to snap photos and update your thread.

Nicely done Rick.

yeah dude three days thats ****en crazy, but if you have time i guess i would have done the same thing! except the building part! lol

Thanks guys! :biggrin: This time I got as much on the motor as possible before I dropped it in. Saved a ton of time on hook up. Plus I've done it a few times before. ;)

Hydratech Hydroboost. It's a very nice system. I need to get a chrome master for it. :cool:

I had the wife snap pics along the way. I could have posted allot more but you guy's get the idea.

Very clean, nice job.
I have been trying to get mine back in for 3 weeks and just dont have the time.

Bryan

Allot of you guy's prolly remember a couple years ago when I cracked my block. I was able to save the internals. Crank, pistons, cam etc. I acquired another block from a friendly board member and had it built with my internals.

Got the shortblock back last week. Working on the assembly now.

Here are some pics.

Nice job motor looks great

My wife would never do that for me LOL,but if I spend 3 days in the garage she probably be in the garage handing me the divorce paper (not Tools) :biggrin::biggrin:

I must have missed these posts

Who did your machine work and bottom end assembly?

I have a guy right down the street. Ray Romuto.

My wife would never do that for me LOL,but if I spend 3 days in the garage she probably be in the garage handing me the divorce paper (not Tools) :biggrin::biggrin:

I got lucky, thats for sure. She is a great girl. :biggrin:

Back