You can type here any text you want

new suspension question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LETHALV6

so I finished the suspension rebuild, all UMI tubular front (upper and lower) and all new boxed rectangular tube rears with adjustable uppers. poly bushings at all corners, ATR rear sway bar and Eibach pro kit springs on kyb shocks. front end seems great but the back end has literally little to no movement at all, it rides like im on wagon wheels.
is it possible i dont have the bushings greased enough ? the stance is wicked but this ride feels real unstable.
thanks a ton.

Can you push up and down on the back end and move it?

The KYB shocks tend to ride stiff. The rear Eibachs also tend to ride stiff. Polly bushings also ride stiff. And the ATR bar can really bind the bushings up on the lower control arms on the frame side. I'd try to swap springs back first to see if it changes since it's easy to do. Then check your bolts on your control arms to see if they are too tight. They shouldnt be tightened all the way. Did you grease the outside of the bushings prior to installation?

And make sure you don't tighten the bolts unless there's weight on the suspension.

i think you guys both nailed issues on this one, i did snug them to spec with the rear in the air and im not positive i greased the sides of the bushings...ill put the back end on some ramps and check everything again.
thanks again guys
ps whats a good grease to on the sides should they need more ?

For polly bushings, use a polly based grease like watercraft grease. Standard grease will break down polly.

Back