New to SD: High Idle 1100 on E85

turbo96max

Finally got my car out of the body shop. During its stay i installed a PL unit w a TT SD e85 chip for 120s. Running a 3 bar map. I have the map sensor wire on #2 location on the pl block. The previous owner informed me he idled at about 8-900 rpm. I believe the chip is setup for wbo2 but i have not connected that yet.

im just starting to load the pl software , reading the instructions, but wanted to see what you guys have encountered from past exp that may cause a high idle. narrow band also about 800 constantly on the scanmaster bl 128. no check engine light. car ran for about 30 mins still idled at about 1100... what should i look for ?

i know i have alot to check, just trying to see if i get a head start or good pointers about what to look at first

If you didn't drive it around, then don't do anything until you do.

If it still idles high, then it sounds like you might need to set up the IAC.

As Eric mentioned, check IAC position and see if it's bottomed out. Reduce the throttle angle if the IAC is not in control. On a side note is the MAP sensor 5V power and ground coming from the ECM or from the dashboard? The 5V from the dashboard cluster is no good.

i havent meesed with the IAC or TPS since running the 72 lb tt setup and the car idled fine... would the iac just randomly change? going to check for vac leak tom , i may have left off a hose while dropping in the injectors ..never know.. the map sensor is running as oem, i just tapped into the green wire.. are both power and ground needing to be coming from the ecm? can i jump a wire from the tps to avoid running wires from the ecm to the engine bay? should i ground the pl analog block to chassis?

You can tap into TPS 5V power and ground behind the glove box and keep it all hidden back there. The MAP sensor power wires from the dash cluster are back there and you can cut them and splice them into the TPS +/-5V near the ECM. No need to ground the PL, at least not that I am aware of. Bob would know best.

Wouldn't expect a big change in IAC due to the chip / injector changes, might be a vac leak as mentioned. But once you get the MAP powered from the TPS 5V and get the engine running again, idle fuel will be the first thing you will adjust. Mine likes to idle around 12.7-13.1. It will idle leaner but can sometimes get into a little bit of surging. The richer idle is steady and smooth.

thanks for all the help guys, i connected the wb02 and wired the map sensor, i have yet to do the 5v ecm change. the car runs at about 875, looks like it needed to learn. on another note, the jerks at the body shop washed the car with the passenger side window down , flooded the ecm to the point that water drained out of it when i had to troubleshoot the car shutting off the day i piked up the car. i let everything dry for a few days , but now I dont have injector pulse on # 2 cyl ( first passenger side injector) .. noid light testing shows no signal there and the car is missing , running super lean 17-20 afrs. Does anyone know who can take a look at modded ecm these days? or know if someone has one for sale..... ):

I accidentally fried my modded ECM once upon a time, but Bob was able to swap the injector drivers over to another unit for me. Bob's da Man!

LOL be careful when plugging the USB into the power logger. if the key is on and you got bad aim like me you could short some sh!t out! a peice of black tape can prevent that though.