New to Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area

gn86randy

No can......can
How many GN/TR's do we have here only seen 1 on VB Blvd with some pretty dark looking tint on the windows....would really like to meet up with everyone in the VB/NORVA/Chesapeake Area :cool: :cool:

How many GN/TR's do we have here only seen 1 on VB Blvd with some pretty dark looking tint on the windows....would really like to meet up with everyone in the VB/NORVA/Chesapeake Area :cool: :cool:

Welcome to hampton roads my friend. Are you in the military? I live in Chesapeake and know a few people around here that are pretty cool peeps.

yes sir, Navy. this is my final tour b4 I retire. What part of chesapeake do you live in? since everything is so close you may live right across the street, i'm sure you know what I mean.

Navy too and looking at retirement about the same time as you. :) I live off Indian River rd going towards the old Ford plant in Norfolk. Are you familiar with the neighborhood? How about you? Where are you stationed? I'm at the Naval Hospital in P-Town... nope, not a corpsman, I'm a boxkicker... LOL:biggrin:

cool, I am the other way off Indian River kinda figured you weren't far, where do GN/TR folks hangout around these parts?

I hangout in my garage every weekend working on them!:biggrin: Welcome to the area. I know of 6 other Buicks in our area beside myself(including German).

cool, I am the other way off Indian River kinda figured you weren't far, where do GN/TR folks hangout around these parts?

I'll be heading this sunday to Steve's house to pick up my TT chip and Fuel pump, perhaps you may want to meet us there for a quick chat... What do you think Steve?...

i was just there visiting family in chesapeake and great bridge,my grandparts live right off indian river rd and spara rd,close to indian river lanes

i was just there visiting family in chesapeake and great bridge,my grandparts live right off indian river rd and spara rd,close to indian river lanes

Holy crap! Small world. That's my neighborhood, I'm between both streets. :cool: Did you mean Sparrow Rd?

yup sparrow rd,they live on towanda rd,they have lived there for years,i can remember when i was a kid going there a guy across the street owned edco carbs. and he had a blazer with bulldozer tracks on it and he called it the virginia beach beast and i saw it on tv a few times,dennis anderson that owns grave digger use to hang out there,and my uncle grew up and is still great friends with ricky rudd,my uncle lives in great bridge and him and his wife own a big day care there called kids college,its been there for years.i love coming up there its such a nice place except for the mcdonald rd area if you know what i mean

Sunday sounds good just pm me some directions and a time and I will be there....

Sunday sounds good just pm me some directions and a time and I will be there....

I'll tell you what... just give me a number where I can call you and we can meet at the Pep Boys of Lynhaven Rd. I have to go to my rental property and do some handyman work and then I'll be heading to Steve's house. How's that sound?

That's fine guys. I will be screwing with my next engine build or something buick related.Early afternoon?

I am working in Great Bridge and I know where Kids College is! Small world indeed.:)

That's fine guys. I will be screwing with my next engine build or something buick related.Early afternoon?

I am working in Great Bridge and I know where Kids College is! Small world indeed.:)

As always Steve I'll make sure you are there first! :)

I just brought mine out here from Houston last week. You probably saw me on the Blvd. Was this the car?

rongn.jpg

---Ron

I just brought mine out here from Houston last week. You probably saw me on the Blvd. Was this the car?

rongn.jpg

---Ron
hey ron No I don't think it was that car, I couldve sworn it had GNX looking wheels on it with that really Nice Dark tint.....so your in VB also where abouts?

I'm on Bonney Rd, between Independance and Rosemont. Right near Carmax.

I'm also in the Navy. Stationed on the TR, though currently TAD at COMNAVAIRLANT. Not quite at retirement yet. About 8 more years until then....

I was wondering where all the Buick guys were out here. I've only seen a couple on the road in the last couple years out here. What tracks do you guys go to out here?

All this talk of VaBch has me feeling nostalgic!! Spent 23 years in the Navy, and Retired from there. Spent my last 12 or so years living in Va Beach, various sea and shore commands in the area.
We lived in the Gardenwood park sub. just off Northhampton Blvd.
Got my 86 GN from Perry Buick over near Va Beach Blvd and Newtown Rd.