new V6 turbo blocks for sale

dpcp66

I have 2 Turbo blocks for sale they are new in box & have cam bearings installed. needs std finish hone to make std bore. if any questions please call Dave at 209-668-1380 and leave message. I am posting for my dad I don't get to this site much. I have more pics, if you e-mail me I will send you more pics, my e-mail is dpcp66@aol.com thamks

Attachments

• P8290083.jpg
    P8290083.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 784
  • P8290085.jpg
    P8290085.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 779
  • P8290086.jpg
    P8290086.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 780
  • P8290091.jpg
    P8290091.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 784
  • P8290088.jpg
    P8290088.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 783
Whats the number on the casting? what years are these blocks? How much are you asking?

sorry guys the price is $900.00 and as for the cast ing I ahve so many pics not all will go on here just tell me were there nuber you want is and i will send the pic to you

Thanks Again

The castings in the pics shows 109. The holes are there for the knock sensor and turbo drain.
They appear to be 86-87 blocks. HTH

Bryan

Couldnt read the casting number-it looked like 6565 to me. How many blocks do you get for $900.?

An old crappy used block is 300 bucks. It's brand new and shouldn't need any or much machine work 900 bucks can't be that bad.

Weber Racing used to have a $650.00 core charge, although I don't see it listed on their website right now.

Being brand new and never used 109 block, it is only new once, 6-700.00$
would be a fair price, but the killer is the freaking shipping, but again that is JMO.

Ron

The castings in the pics shows 109. The holes are there for the knock sensor and turbo drain.
They appear to be 86-87 blocks. HTH

Bryan

yes its the right casting # but did you notice the turbo drain hole is there but did anyone notice it is smaller than normal for the turbo drain????-------not really a big deal but the price is somewhat steep for a block that hasn't been finish honed and needs to have the drain hole enlarged-------perhaps fair but not a bargain------but when something is that rare there are few bargains-------also has unusual coolant drain plugs-------if i had to guess these blocks have a somewhat unusual origin...........RC

If you look at the third pic of the bore you'll see a line that looks an awful lot like where the piston ring has left a mark. Way to much for a virgin block but it doesn't look like a virgin to me.

also has unusual coolant drain plugs-------if i had to guess these blocks have a somewhat unusual origin...........RC

I saw the coolant drain as well and was wondering why no one had pointed it out. thought pinkish one look used as well.

I saw the coolant drain as well and was wondering why no one had pointed it out. thought pinkish one look used as well.

i have few doubts they are new------its just strange the drain hole is smaller and the wierd drains------these could be from the supply of blocks that GM supplied for API oil test certifications------that would explain the lack of final honing as well as the pink markings as opposed to the blue that the production engines and short blocks were marked with--------something unusual-----thats why i asked about the origin of them???????

I have several of the Sequence IIIE test blocks, all brand new in the box. No paint markings at all on the blocks. All of them have the small hole in the front of the block, just like the ones for sale here. All blocks were given serial numbers and the part number BX-380-2. All manufactured by Bowden Manufacturing in Ohio, who produced them under contract with GM. If these are some of the IIIE test blocks, they cost 3 times the amount of a regular production block to manufacture according to the production manager at Bowden. I have alot of information on the Sequence IIIE engines and the parts used, both from the manufacturer and Southwest Research Institute where they were built and used.

I also noticed the turbo drain hole, but thought maybe it was the angle of the photo, could the seller give us the drain hole size, is it half inch pipe??
thanks,
also why did the blocks cost more to cast and cost more, more info please with the ones who know!!

Ron

I don't believe there is any difference in the raw casting itself. All of the extra expense came from special machining off of the regular production line and a protective coating on the outside of the block. Bowden lost money on every one of them they made.