New Weber Built Long Block Leaks Oil

I don't think of it as throwing anyone "under the bus". It's about if you pay for a service, it should be to your satisfaction. The key word here is "paid". It's not like the guy did it for free over the weekend for a six-pack. I just paid to have my vacation home rebuilt. The home builders had the same outlook when it came towards service, needless to say they didn't get paid in full. Weber should of taken care of the "simple fix."

What is it with everybody throwing Weber under the bus? Damn. One thing I know for sure is that I love my Weber engine. :)
I basically have the same set up and love my weber stroker as well. Its been 4 years since install and no problems!!!

Does Weber prime the engines before they ship? From what Ive been through with engine builders, I'll take a leaky gasket if a good operating engine came with it.

I have six turbo buick engines built by four different builders including weber and they all leak oil. They all are killer engines and I am satisfied.

its not uncommon for the oil pan (as well as other areas) to require a retorque after a few heat cycles.

Wrong gasket installed. Weber did not use the RJC gasket made for the RJC oil pan. A Weber error. Weber refuses responsibility. Weber claims they are the victim of the imperfections in the RJC oil pan.

I have six turbo buick engines built by four different builders including weber and they all leak oil. They all are killer engines and I am satisfied.

That is not very encouraging...LOL. How bad do they leak? Are all the leaks from the pan?

Yeah I am not sure where they leak from, it's not enough for me to bother really. Just spots my garage floor. I know one leaked from the pan but that was cause my pan bolts backed out and I lost some. I replaced the pan gasket with an rjc cork gasket and it's still leaking a bit.

I swear these cars are so bizzare. I have a new engine I bought from jd polzin and I'm scared to install it for fear of leaks. I built my current engine in my garage and used the blue rubber gasket and it hasn't leaked a drop in over a year.

I'll go cork next time...not taking any chances.

I swear these cars are so bizzare. ..........

The cars are not "bizzare", but many owners are. :)

You have an engine which was designed and built over 50 years ago, the factory puts on a turbo 25 years later, and after another 25 years the owner DOUBLES the HP, and complains about oil leaks when boosting it to 20 psi and more. :confused:

Oh, this is also after the owner removes factory emission items and closed crankcase evacuation system originally installed to help remove the added crankcase pressure caused by boost.

Then if an owner drives a new performance vehicle that does not leak oil, they do not take in account the new engine alone will cost more than their GN!;)

I think the cost my buddie's new Shelby GT500 600+ HP engine would exceed the original cost of a GNX!:rolleyes:

The cars are not "bizzare", but many owners are. :)

You have an engine which was designed and built over 50 years ago, the factory puts on a turbo 25 years later, and after another 25 years the owner DOUBLES the HP, and complains about oil leaks when boosting it to 20 psi and more. :confused:

Oh, this is also after the owner removes factory emission items and closed crankcase evacuation system originally installed to help remove the added crankcase pressure caused by boost.

Then if an owner drives a new performance vehicle that does not leak oil, they do not take in account the new engine alone will cost more than their GN!;)

I think the cost my buddie's new Shelby GT500 600+ HP engine would exceed the original cost of a GNX!:rolleyes:

Nick..humorous, but you also make way too much common sense!! :D

New engine no longer leaks oil.
Jason sent the right gasket.
Dale Cherry installed it.
Just went down to Philly last week.
NO OIL LEAKS!!!!!
Hopefully we can get this engine tuned!
I have my fingers crossed.
Who knows what else was short cutted on a $10,000 engine build!