You can type here any text you want

newbie ripped off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Why would a guy buy stuff he knows he can't use?If he did not want the parts why did he buy them?Thats why I think hes lying.

If you'll reread Archies post, he explains that he felt bad for not being able to meet him half-way, the kid being laid off and driving 6 hours round trip for nothing. The kid had gotten screwed and Archie offered the 200 for the parts because he felt bad about the situation. They were standing out in the extreme cold looking at the parts and he made a mistake on the crank. As has been said, I'm sure Archie would return the parts for his 200 bucks. How about it mighty mouse? Should be worth the drive to get your 500:rolleyes: worth of parts back since you already drove once for 200.

Where's my bullshiiiit flag...

Oh, here it is! BULLLLLLCACCCCA!

Minniemouse, it seems you're bent over a deal that you made. No one else did...you did. If you thought your stuff was worth much more just because you got screwed outta 500 bux from your buddy then you should have held onto it and gotten your 500 that you think it was worth.

Archie is a stand up guy from what I have heard of him and have heard no stories like this of him in the past.

There's 2 solutions to this problem as I see them:

1. Buy your box of worthless crap back from him for 200 bux and see if you could get any more for it and be happy that you got all your valueable stuff back.

2. Put your money where your mouth is and agree to a little wager.... How about Archie listing all that crap on ebay and see what the "true value" of it is to someone?? If it goes over 500, you get your other 300 back, if it goes under 200, you pay Archie the difference for being such an a.ss. :)

!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN! This was far too long in coming!!:D :D

Mouse posted: "all this jus because I wanted to warn others - next time I'll not say anything! oh wait - there wont be a next time".

Sure hope not! A total waste of bandwidth!!!

Sympathy?? It's in the dictionary between $hit and syphillis.
:p

Mods. we REALLY need the good ol Bull$hit flag Joe is looking for!!

As for your nasty lil comment about folks from Chicago, you could use a bit more caution when doing that. You just may find a horses head in bed w/ you....:eek: :D :D

I am from the Chicago area and I know Archie very well. We bought parts/cars from each other traded stuff. Archie know his stuff I can back him up 100%. Every time I bought or looked at stuff he had for sale, he was always honest and told me what he knew about the parts; the good and the bad. He has been playing around with Turbo Buicks over 15 years as a matter of fact; he was the first one that showed me how to identify turbo cranks and things. Maybe if you were so sure that you were getting ripped off, you should have taken it back. Just because you got screwed by your friend by giving you false information on the block to begin with, you shouldn’t try to spoil someone else’s reputation by taking out of your frustration on them. It was your choice to accept what ever he thought was a fair price, not his, you did accept his offer, so live with it.

Prasad

Back