Next Project: Front Suspension

Hope you like the idea I PM'd you Don. And yes the car need the preload for a beter launch. You might be better off seeing if you can straighten the frame first.

Hope you like the idea I PM'd you Don. And yes the car need the preload for a beter launch. You might be better off seeing if you can straighten the frame first.
I'm going to see if I can make it work with the frame as it is.
I read the PM. It's already back together now.:( I'll run it as is and see if I need to make that change or not later. Thanks for the tip. I never would have thought of that.

QA1 coil-over shock conversion for the front is on order.
The left front caliper is dragging pretty good. I might be looking into going with a new front braking system too.

I'm going to see if I can make it work with the frame as it is.
I read the PM. It's already back together now.:( I'll run it as is and see if I need to make that change or not later. Thanks for the tip. I never would have thought of that.

QA1 coil-over shock conversion for the front is on order.
The left front caliper is dragging pretty good. I might be looking into going with a new front braking system too.

Cool on the QA1 set up. It should solve some of your issues. The "tip" is from some of the guys that have to run metric chasis in the dirt and round track. You won't believe how much it helps and no one ever belives me for some reason. It even passes tech cause no one thinks about it.:eek: :biggrin: lol

I'm looking at the Strange Pro Race steel front kit for stock spindles. 4 piston calipers. Does anyone have any issues with them? How do the rotors hold up? No planned street use.

I'm looking at the Strange Pro Race steel front kit for stock spindles. 4 piston calipers. Does anyone have any issues with them? How do the rotors hold up? No planned street use.

I run them on my car.4 passes so far no issues. Very well made kit. When bleding the calipers , bleed both sides. I have mine on a set of dropped spindles.

The QA1 coil over conversion kit is installed. The Strange brake kit should be in tomorrow. I've got to get this thing back together. The Crower Cams car show is this weekend.

Attachments

• IMGP1683rs.jpg
    IMGP1683rs.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 425
A couple more pics.

Attachments

• IMGP1685rs.jpg
    IMGP1685rs.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMGP1686rs.jpg
    IMGP1686rs.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 424
JUST REMEMBER TO GET THE WEIGHTS SET PLEASE! Hope you do good Donnie and keep me up to date.
I think I'm going to start a thread on the weight balancing adventure. It will be in the suspension section when I get around to it. Next week, I'm sure.

I've figured out a way to control front suspension travel pretty simply without ugly chains, straps, or monster bolts with lock nuts welded to the upper control arm. It will use the stock rubber bumper too, so that the chassis isn't shocked harshly when the limiter comes into play. The only modification to the stock setup was drilling one 5/16" hole for a bolt.

Here's a pic of the new front brake system in place. Absolutely no brake drag, very cool.
Braking power definitely increased.

Attachments

• IMGP1687rs.jpg
    IMGP1687rs.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 398