Nick Micale drag strip crash this weekend.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
First off, I want to say that Nick's OK. he's a bit bruised up, but walked away from a nasty crash.
His ultra nice Turbo Buick has been put through the wood chipper and looks to be a total loss.

Here's a link to a thread in the tech section on what happened and some pics.
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/nick-micale-are-you-ok.438597/

I'm not sure what all it will take to get Nick back into a competitive Turbo Buick, but I for one will be donating whatever I can to help out. Nick has helped most of us here, at one time or another. Let's step up for a South Western Buick brother and get him whatever he needs.

Nick. I know that you're a giver and not a taker. You have given for decades to us, of your parts, knowledge and time. You now have to accept some payback. :)

Looks like he'll need a roller to start with.
We got the bumper fillers covered. ;)
I think I've also got a driver's side fender (thanks Gary :D) and maybe a core support.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but it just hurts to think of one of our most, all time, giving roll models without a proper ride.

Mike Barnard

Nick I,m so sorry to hear about your loss but glad your not hurt. Once you stop hurting physically & mentally over this I think finding a roller instead of trying to patch your car back together would be the best route. Anything I can do let me know . Take care, Regards Lou

I will give whatever extras I have to help, I will ship them on my dime once the list of parts is put out.

Looks like it's going to be rebuilt.

[quote uid=40118 name="czimpel" post=3648005].............. With all of the knowledge this car taught you, the next one will be built faster, stronger, and safer. Good luck, and I'm sure you're looking forward to the challenge of another build.[/QUOTE]<br /><br />You must have been listening to our conversation about how we are going to proceed from here?<br /><br />My son, a couple good friends and I were discussing this rebuild, and we came to the conclusion replacing the frame, right side quarter panel, both doors and front clip will result in a safer and stronger build. Having worked such talented and helpful people for years is a real blessing in all we do here with turbo Regals!<br /><br />We have restored many Buicks, so this one will be a true labor of love! :)<br /><br />You can see the frame is toast, but no sign of damage to the engine.<br /><br />
20160321_173517_resized-jpg.276093
20160321_173528_resized-jpg.276094
20160321_173545_resized-jpg.276095

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

When it comes to any of the cosmetics, Nick, you know I've got you covered.;)

Actually, Mike, I forgot.
That's stuff's all Rafael's.
So that's between you & him.

Nick I'm glad ur ok I have a lot of parts I'll get sorted out start a list of what u need what ever I have that u need its urs!

Now how do we get it all to AZ?? Road trip any one haha

I'll deliver any parts he needs from California to his place. I'll be going out there in the next month or 2

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You guys are the best, I very much appreciate all your kind words and generosity!

The plan for the car is to replace the frame, pass side quarter panel, and both doors, all of which I have available.

It would be good if I could find a Regal that is complete, mainly for the front clip as well as a few other parts, and do not care if it is just a roller. Any leads on where I can purchase one would be appreciated.

The manual steering box was trashed, and when Brian from G-Body Parts called last night to wish me well, I mentioned I was looking for one, and said he would send it to me. That is one of the few parts I needed that is hard to locate.

The most important factor of getting this car back better than ever, is the great support and help from local friends willing to help, and they excel in what they do! :)

Nick, there a guy out here near me that has a na regal i don't think it runs next time i see hime ill se if he wants to part with it. it looks pretty straight from a distance.
dale

Guy's,

I talked to Nick earlier today and he's in good spirits. I'm glad he wasn't hurt and I'm sure he will resurrect his car in short order. As I told him on the phone anything I have is yours to help get things back in order. Since he lives in Phoenix it's only fitting as I'm sure his car will rise from the ashes to be better and faster than before.

Neal

P.S. Old Guy's Rule!! :cool: